Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Avatar Madness

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yrkddn
    Participant

Has anyone else had trouble uploading an Avatar image from their computer? File size = <10k, image size = 10x10 px.

Farktographer
    Participant

I believe that was disabled a long time ago, because there were issues regarding the ability to moderate all the avatars for content….

yrkddn
    Participant

I believe that was disabled a long time ago, because there were issues regarding the ability to moderate all the avatars for content….

O

yrkddn
    Participant

Thank you, F’tographer.

fluffybunny
    Participant

From the page at:
    http://www.farktography.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=profile&mode=editprofile

I am unable to use either “Upload Avatar from your machine” (explained above) or “Upload Avatar from a URL”. When I try the URL method, I’ve used the “http://&#8221; prefix and omitted it. I’ve tried different image formats. The images are within the specs stated on the profile page.

I get the resulting page saying “Your profile has been updated” but no avatar at the profile page the next time I look nor in my posts.

What am I doing wrong (feeling kind of stupid)?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

fluffy, uploading doesn’t work, you’ve gotta pick one from the gallery.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Oh, thanks Cause.

I was thinking from the above discussion that only “Upload Avatar from your machine” was disabled and that “Upload Avatar from a URL” still worked.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yup only gallery avatars are enabled. Fortunately there’s a fair number to choose from if you want an avatar.

Totally irrelevant note, my cat is lying on the floor next to me with his fluffy belly exposed and his tongue sticking out. Hilarious and cute. But moving to get the camera will disrupt him.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Not that it matters a whole bunch, and saying “no”‘s easier than dealing with such a minor issue but…

Any chance we could maybe open up adding a few for like a day or 2? Maybe have a thread, toss ’em in there, and then if deemed SFW put into the Avatar library?

Just a thought, and I’ll understand if “No” is the answer…

fluffybunny
    Participant

Not that it matters a whole bunch, and saying “no”‘s easier than dealing with such a minor issue but…

Any chance we could maybe open up adding a few for like a day or 2? Maybe have a thread, toss ’em in there, and then if deemed SFW put into the Avatar library?

Just a thought, and I’ll understand if “No” is the answer…

+1

/Also understands if no means no.

orionid
    Participant

What they said?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Avatar Madness’ is closed to new replies.