C41 Chemical Disposal

Forums Forums Get Technical In the darkroom C41 Chemical Disposal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

So, I just developed my first color rolls at home. While my mix should be good for a while, I’m finding conflicting stories about disposal of the spent chems. Anyone have any experience in how/where to get rid of old color chems?

orionid
    Participant

Ummm….. Depends. Does the EPA peruse these threads?

/Dilution is the solution to pollution.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Ummm….. Depends. Does the EPA peruse these threads?

/Dilution is the solution to pollution.

See, that is what I am thinking, my lot is one liter of dev/blix/stabilizer each…I almost have to think that the rules about labs dumping fifty gallons at a time. I find it hard to believe there are so many people doing C41 at home these days to make us major polluters. Of course, it IS New York, so maybe I’m wrong.

Curious
    Participant

isn’t there something that neutralizes it/them? or maybe my fuzzy memory is about another chemical.

Curious
    Participant

oh just FWIW the EPA has a “one drop” rule that basically means if you put something nasty in a drum of something ok the drum then becomes nasty. it’s not quite that bad but it’s close.

used to do EPA and DEQ compliance at my last job.

ravnostic
    Participant

isn’t there something that neutralizes it/them? or maybe my fuzzy memory is about another chemical.

I believe you have your metaphors mixed up and are thinking about ‘synthohol’, from Star Trek, in which you never get drunk. 😆

Curious
    Participant

I believe you have your metaphors mixed up and are thinking about ‘synthohol’, from Star Trek, in which you never get drunk. 😆

from what i remember of my drinking days that sounds rather pointless.

ravnostic
    Participant

Hey, I didn’t write the series, I just followed it in syndication…

aprillove20
    Participant

I think there are so many people doing C41.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘C41 Chemical Disposal’ is closed to new replies.