Chakalakasp’s HDR tutorial

Forums Forums Get Technical HDR Chakalakasp’s HDR tutorial

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chakalakasp
    Participant

Heya — just a heads up that I’ve finally made my HDR tutorial. I make my HDRs using only Photoshop in most cases — I’m not a huge fan of Photomatix. 🙂 The tutorial is here:

http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-create-professional-hdr-images.html

Only one more week before the HDR contest… woohoo!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, great article. I don’t have PS, but it was very easy to understand. I like your conversational style 🙂 I’ve had some problems with my desktop, so I haven’t made further progress on HDR than my dynamic range extender in GIMP, but with a new case and power supply, hopefully my computer issues are over and I can look into the tone mapping app that GalleyWench found for me. I’m really looking forward to seeing what people come up for this one–I’m expecting some pretty amazing stuff!

monkeybort
    Participant

chaka, that’s great. i was getting really frustrated with what i was getting out of the cs2 app but that is because i had no idea what i was doing. very excited to try again with your method!

Diggin
    Participant

First I want to say “Hi” to everyone. My name is Steve and I’m sorta new to photography.

I shoot with a Nikon D200 with a multitude of lenses and I use CS2 9.0.

I read up on HDR, this is my first attempt, and loved chakalakasp’s blogspot. It was very helpfull! Thanks! Unfortunately, my first attempt looks wacky but I’m still trying!

This photo looks bad because I didn’t properly adjust it. BLK 5T was a perfect array though…

veruca
    Participant

First I want to say “Hi” to everyone. My name is Steve and I’m sorta new to photography.

Hi Steve! Welcome to farktography. Thanks for sharing your first attempt; turned out way better than mine 😛

veruca
    Participant

Heya — just a heads up that I’ve finally made my HDR tutorial. I make my HDRs using only Photoshop in most cases — I’m not a huge fan of Photomatix. 🙂 The tutorial is here:

http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-create-professional-hdr-images.html

Only one more week before the HDR contest… woohoo!

thanks for posting this chakalakasp. now I can learn from the master. mwuahahhaa. *touches downturned pinky to the corner of my mouth*

i wonder though in the case of trifecta – hell should we have some sort of prize for that?

mikemikeb
    Participant

i wonder though in the case of trifecta – hell should we have some sort of prize for that?

It’s not really a question of if he’ll do it, but I’ll see if I can make some sort of run for second place this weekend — the weather forecast looks great with the one shot (if it can be called such) I want!

Diggin
    Participant

It’s a bit of a chore getting these images aligned right. Out of Bracketing 7 images only four were aligned properly. I even used a remote trigger and a very sturdy Bogen Manfrotto tripod. Anyway.. my second attempt is below… Maybe if I get this down I might get to enter something in the contest! WooHoo!

monkeybort
    Participant

tutorial has helped a ton. i still suck at it, but now i suck at it with authority!!

😛

Snug Tight
    Participant

I know this is kind of late, but for us poor folks, here is a link for a free 30 day trial of CS2. It is under Downloads then tryout.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Chakalakasp’s HDR tutorial’ is closed to new replies.