Farktographers and Film

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage Farktographers and Film

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

The only time a photo is universally bad, is when it is taken on a Nikon

You’re just lucky we can’t have heretics burnt at the stake any more…. 😉

Farktographer
    Participant

😈

Amen, brother, preach it! 😆

Are we allowed to vote people out of the forums?

nobigdeal
    Participant

I find the smug pretentiousness of some jackass with a 5D and a $4k lens tell me how much better my shots would be if a just bought some good equipment. (Keep in mind this on the street and this person has never SEEN a photo of mine…actual event, at the dance parade this year!) I am a shoe string budget, I’ve given up a lot of things to buy camera equipment, I can only dream of having the money for that kind of gear. In the end, a good photo is a good photo if it was taken on said 5D or a crap cellphone.

😈

I’ve had that happen before, usually I just laugh at them and stand in front of them when they try to get a shot.

I’ll ignore the Nikon comment because I like you 🙂

ennuipoet
    Participant

I find the smug pretentiousness of some jackass with a 5D and a $4k lens tell me how much better my shots would be if a just bought some good equipment. (Keep in mind this on the street and this person has never SEEN a photo of mine…actual event, at the dance parade this year!)

I’ve never run across anything like that. I think I’d probably be too stunned to be able to react immediately. What an asshole. What’d you say?

😈

Amen, brother, preach it! 😆

My words were something along the line of: “Dude, I don’t get paid to do this…”what I should have said was: “You know, you’re right, can I have yours?”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Girls, girls, you’re all pretty.

lokisbong
    Participant

So I ran into a bit of a snag. I have a real cheap 35mm camera and just finished the roll in it and then found out there is no where local to get it developed. Does any one know how I can get it done? Is there a best company to ship the roll to for developing? Its a ninety mile trip one way to the next town with a walmart

ennuipoet
    Participant

So I ran into a bit of a snag. I have a real cheap 35mm camera and just finished the roll in it and then found out there is no where local to get it developed. Does any one know how I can get it done? Is there a best company to ship the roll to for developing? Its a ninety mile trip one way to the next town with a walmart

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Everything you need to have film processed. Not hideously expensive, but considering the drive and gas to Wally World, probably your best bet.

lokisbong
    Participant

Hey Thanks ennuipoet! that seems like a much better deal than the gas money would cost me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Do you have any big chain drug stores near you? When I need a film fix, it’s Walgreens for color stuff.

lokisbong
    Participant

No . unfortunately I live in a dinky little town in the middle of nowhere. That 90 mile drive is what it will take to find any place to develop it. I went all over town today. even hit the local news paper office. They thought the local grocery store still handled film but it seems they stopped several years ago. It seems this area is no good for film if you don’t develop your self. Which throws a small monkey wrench into my newest find. I found a Kodak Tourist ii camera in the local second hand shop for $4. It seems completely intact with no light leaks in the bellows and all the clicky things seem in good order too. I won’t know for sure till later about light leaks. I have not done a flashlight check on it yet.
    Here is a picture of said camera.
    Kodak Tourist ii

Kestrana
    Participant

B&W film is easy to develop yourself if you have access to a room you can make light tight. Even I can do it! I’m sure orionid could help you out with a materials list if you’re interested.

ennuipoet
    Participant

B&W film is easy to develop yourself if you have access to a room you can make light tight. Even I can do it! I’m sure orionid could help you out with a materials list if you’re interested.

Tanks, darkbag, chemicals, measuring cup and a Canon 8800 F

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=canon+8800f&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16562959047936590824&sa=X&ei=lQoFToSRDMK3tgfN1-ndDQ&ved=0CEgQ8wIwAQ

and you’re running film. Total outlay everything, about 150 bucks. I run B&W and color at home, B&H carries a dead simple C41 color kit

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/109267-REG/Tetenal_T109306_C_41_Press_Kit_for.html

I run film about every 6 weeks unless I am shooting a special project. I’ve made my money back in saving developing cost.

orionid
    Participant

Awesome! And I’ll vouch for dwayne’s. We’ve gotten stuff processed there before. The only thing they won’t do is bulk-loaded 35mm rolls because they’ve had too many problems with douchebags overspooling them or using way too much tape.

Yugoboy
    Participant

This sooo explains the voting results I’ve been seeing…

(couldn’t be that I’m totally outclassed by the competition…)

ennuipoet
    Participant

This sooo explains the voting results I’ve been seeing…

(couldn’t be that I’m totally outclassed by the competition…)

Well, what can I say, time to buy Canon! Everyone knows that Canon has a special sensor that improves composition and provides fascinating things to photograph. Nikon, sadly, does not. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘Farktographers and Film’ is closed to new replies.