Film Processing

Forums Forums Get Technical In the darkroom Film Processing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bender16v
    Participant

A while ago my father-in-law noticed that I have been getting into photography so he gave me his two old cameras. One is a Nikon FG and the other is an N4004. I don’t really have any interest in the N4004, but I got the FG working with new batteries and a different lens than he left on it. I shot a couple rolls of drugstore film and decided to try better stuff just to see the difference. I picked up a few rolls of Ilford HP5+ and a couple Deltas as well as a box of Fuji Provia 100. I shot a few of those rolls and took them to my local camera store only to find out they can’t develop them.

I guess in addition to my rant, I would like to know if anybody has some suggestions for places to send B&W and slide film for processing? Ideally I would like to send it off, then just be able to download scans of the finished photos. I’ve read that developing B&W film isn’t too difficult, but I really don’t have time to do that right now. Thanks!

Here are a couple scans from the first few rolls:

[/img]

sleeping
    Participant

I think pretty much all of the bulk E6 and BW stuff that gets sent out (by the people that will still do it) goes to Dwayne’s Photo these days. They will do develop and scan without prints but I don’t believe they can put them online, they send back a CD.

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

There are also a bunch of smaller pro labs out there that will do processing, but while getting film processed by them isn’t always hugely more expensive, pro lab scanning tends to be extremely pricy. I’ve used Praus Productions for processing, but not for scanning:

http://www.4photolab.com/

bender16v
    Participant

Dwayne’s looks like they can do it all, even Kodak Disc film! I’ll get some things sent off to them, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Film Processing’ is closed to new replies.