Hosting Options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d set this up as an actual poll, but it would be difficult to list all the available hosting options out there, so we’ll just keep track manually as best we can. Please respond with what hosting you’re using (e.g. Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, self hosting, etc), whether the service is free or subscription (or either, if both options are available), whether it’s been reliable for you, you’re satisfied in general, etc. We’ll start off with known hosts and adjust the list as needed.

Hosting Sites (listed alphabetically)
    Flickr (Free and Subscription accounts available, 4 people using, few if any problems)
    Imageshack (Free, but occasional reports of hosting hiccups)
    Photobucket
    Picasaweb (Google) (Free with option to purchase additional storage, 1 person using, no problems reported)
    PBase
    Self Hosting (1and1, 1 person using, no problems)

SilverStag
    Participant

I have my own hosting on 1and1, it’s been reliable for me.

schnee
    Participant

Flickr, Imageshack and sometimes Picasaweb (Google)

Flickr is free for me right now, but I’m about need to go “Pro”.
    The ‘shack is free
    Picasaweb, someday, I may need to buy more storage.

andyofne
    Participant

My friend bought me a flickr pro account so it’s free for me but technically paid for. I don’t mind it, but some times it doesn’t respond and that sucks.

I also have my own private hosting solution that I can use and that seems to always work just fine. And it’s only around $10 a month.

linguine
    Participant

I use flickr($2 per month?) and have never had any problems with it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I use Flickr. Started out with the free account and didn’t have any issues with it, but wanted more storage/upload bandwidth, so I have the pro account now. No problems with the hosting.

swampa
    Participant

I also have my own hosting with IX Web Hosting. It has been reliable with only the odd short outage one or twice a year.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I have a paid Photobucket account

Morningbreath
    Participant

I use imageshack, everyphoto I ever posted to a contest is still up, and I have never had a problem posting with them

schnee
    Participant

Just to confuse the issue, Farker ProceduralTexture publishes the Image Host Advisory. It looks like it hasn’t been updated in a while.

nutkick_42
    Participant

I use free Flickr and thus far couldn’t be happier with it.

millera9
    Participant

Flickr Pro. Works great, fun community, moderate learning curve.

soosh
    Participant

I’m using 1and1. Never had a problem.

andyofne
    Participant

I’m using 1and1. Never had a problem.

I have a couple sites on 1and1. Not a problem.

3Horn
    Participant

Chalk me up as another 1and1 user.

Truthfully, the suckered many of us in with their 3 years of free hosting back in 2003 I think it was, but it was good enough to stay with them even when I had to start paying.

I use Gallery 2 with a WordPress front end (or should that be WP with a Gallery 2 back end?)

I also have a Pbase account, but that’s mainly because it’s the MySpace of photo sites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • The topic ‘Hosting Options’ is closed to new replies.