Hosting Options

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Flickr’s latest “upgrades” have rendered the interface absolutely unusable for me. I terminate auto renew on my Flickr Pro account a couple of hours ago, and will most likely slurp all of my photos over to Zenfolio.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Sorry to hear you had reason to get fed up, life’s too short to get hassled. What attracted you to Zenfolio? I’ve only dealt with flickr as a casual passerby and just that was enough to remove it from consideration when I was looking for a host.

caradoc
    Participant

A former client bought me a Zenfolio account for an event they were holding. I’ve just never gotten rid of it since.

millera9
    Participant

Ok so I see the Flickr changes and I see all the chatter in here about not being able to post. I found a way around it this week but it isn’t ideal because the picture no longer pops and that’s technically against Flickr’s rules. I noticed several of you were using flickr and still getting the photo to pop to your Flickr page (looking at you, Elsinore). Any chance one of you can post up a quick tutorial for an old dog that wants to learn a new trick?

linguine
    Participant

Miller I think I do the same thing as Elsinore and just use the share button in the lower right hand corner of the grey area around the picture. Then you just want to make sure you have html selected for the code option and html rather than embed selected at the bottom of the box and you can just copy the code into fark.

millera9
    Participant

Miller I think I do the same thing as Elsinore and just use the share button in the lower right hand corner of the grey area around the picture. Then you just want to make sure you have html selected for the code option and html rather than embed selected at the bottom of the box and you can just copy the code into fark.

Hmmm, interesting. That’s what I thought I was doing and it kept bouncing my images. I will head over to the scratchpad in a minute and see if I can get it to work. Thanks!

millera9
    Participant

Hmmm, interesting. That’s what I thought I was doing and it kept bouncing my images. I will head over to the scratchpad in a minute and see if I can get it to work. Thanks!

Ok I think I’ve got it now. It doesn’t work if I use the TF “Formatting Buttons” comment box but if I switch over to the “HTML Buttons” comment box or if I hit the “Raw HTML” button on the “Formatting Buttons” comment box then it works. That’s… confusing, but at least I know how to make it work now.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • The topic ‘Hosting Options’ is closed to new replies.