More of a Meta Theme

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Photoshoptography More of a Meta Theme

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Here’s what I think we need to do:

A. pick a photoshop friendly theme and add additional “rules” based on what the ‘shoppers suggested (e.g. focus, et.al.)
      B. advert the heck out of the contest by telling the FPAEF about it
      C. run the contest
      D. submit the top-three winners as a Photoshop-contest proposal using the normal link-submission thingie
      E. convince the powers that be to greenlight that submission.

Other than that last bit (“convince the mods”), this is just a “normal” course of business for both farktography and photoshopper. I think we’d have a better chance of convincing them if we recruited some FPAEFer to help (and maybe Drew’s Mom!)

veruca
    Participant

Here’s what I think we need to do:

A. pick a photoshop friendly theme and add additional “rules” based on what the ‘shoppers suggested (e.g. focus, et.al.)
      C. run the contest
      D. submit the top-three winners as a Photoshop-contest proposal using the normal link-submission thingie

Other than that last bit (“convince the mods”), this is just a “normal” course of business for both farktography and photoshopper. I think we’d have a better chance of convincing them if we recruited some FPAEFer to help (and maybe Drew’s Mom!)

Pending picking a theme, we could hold our end of the contest on the 3rd of May. That would give the photoshoppers about a week and a half to manipulate the images and prepare for the anniversary thread. Does that seem like enough time?

staplermofo
    Participant

Sounds like a plan to me.

(thanks veruca!)

staplermofo
    Participant

And just like that, the thread dies…

Ooooh opinionated, creative people come out come out wherever you are.

schnee
    Participant

I got 50% of that covered, so here’s my half-@$$ed plan-for-execution (again):

C. run the contest

I think that we’re stuck on A. So, I suggest “Focus People Focus”. I’ll make a formal suggestion over in the appropriate forum

staplermofo
    Participant

How about shameless promotion in tonight’s thread too?

veruca
    Participant

I got 50% of that covered, so here’s my half-@$$ed plan-for-execution (again):

C. run the contest

I think that we’re stuck on A. So, I suggest “Focus People Focus”. I’ll make a formal suggestion over in the appropriate forum

I would go as far as to say this would be the perfect theme since it’s exactly what the photoshoppers asked for. I’m comfortable in saying let’s go for it.

veruca
    Participant

How about shameless promotion in tonight’s thread too?

Am now putting together a farkback covering this so no one’s surprised when we start promoting. Would one of you like to submit a blurb after I post the frist psot tonight? (actually what schnee posted over in the themes forum would work really well…)

veruca
    Participant

Received a reply from my farkback and per Drew:
    should be fine, just remind me in advance and we’ll get it done

So that takes us to step 2, and after the contest runs on May 3 I’ll submit the winners for the May 12 photoshop thread.

Let the advertising begin 😀

schnee
    Participant

Received a reply from my farkback and per Drew:
    should be fine, just remind me in advance and we’ll get it done

So that takes us to step 2, and after the contest runs on May 3 I’ll submit the winners for the May 12 photoshop thread.

Cool, thanks Veruca!

schnee
    Participant

I just advertised in the PFAEF.

aprillove20
    Participant

hi veruca,

i thought your going to post it. because i keep on waiting and wanted to see how it looks like. would you mine to post it as soon as you can.hehehehe

aprillove20
    Participant

Such as a great option like cross-over idea.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘More of a Meta Theme’ is closed to new replies.