New Feature & Update Announcements

Forums Forums News Bibliostats New Feature & Update Announcements

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

woot!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Huzzah!

Farktographer
    Participant

Awesome! And wow…if you don’t have an entry in right at midnight, you miss out on a huge chunk of voting.

schnee
    Participant

This is really nice.

ravnostic
    Participant

True. But any word, schnee, on an FSM fix for the latest contests and stats? I don’t think anyone here has forgotten what you’ve done for the community, and I for one would like to see it continue.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, what rav said, schnee. Thanks for the kudo, BTW.

I really, really didn’t mean for this to drive you out, especially as it’s taking much longer than I anticipated (which I should’ve anticipated because that’s always the case with me). If you want, I can forward the data from the FSM missed contests to get you back current. If you sincerely are just ready to move on and pass the torch so to speak, I can certainly understand and respect that, too. Just know that the community appreciates what you’ve done with FSM.

schnee
    Participant

CauselSaidSo – you in no way, shape or form drove me out. I’m really happy to have alternative looks at Farktography stats. Really happy.

I’ll take the rest of this over to the Archive Edition thread….

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

New Feature Announcement

You asked for it, so here it is… Individual stats.

You can view your stats (or those of anyone else) on the same user page as before:

http://www.bibliostats.com/farktography/user/UserName

where UserName is the Fark username you’re interested in. Note that capitalization isn’t important in the URL.

The user pages now include a tab full of stats and multiple ways to view entries: by contest (in ascending date order), Place, Votes, or NVC. Remember that NVC represents a percentage of total votes, so that’s a good way to see which entries got the highest percentage of all votes cast.

Some definitions/explanations:

1. Sliding Quarter is the last 12 contests (approx 3 months)
    2. Sliding Year is the last 52 contests
    3. Participation rate is calculated from the total number of contests since your first contest divided by the number of contests you’ve entered.

Two caveats:

1. Most of the stats are static for now. It shouldn’t take much to add real time updates, so hopefully that’ll happen by the end of the upcoming contest.
    2. The charts tab is disabled for now. At some point there’ll be charts for user stats, but they’re not there yet.
    orionid
    Participant

A C Minus!?!?!?!

swampa
    Participant

A C Minus!?!?!?!

Consider yourself lucky! I got a D+! 😥

Kestrana
    Participant

Amazing! Thank you!

ravnostic
    Participant

CISS, you are wonderful!! ty Ty TY!!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Nice!
    (I got an A+ suckers!!!)

SilverStag
    Participant

An F????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I question your methodology.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

You guys did notice that there were other features there aside from the participation grade, right? 😕

It’s a pretty straightforward calculation. For example, SilverStag, your first contest was #15. There have been 309 contests since then and you’ve entered 184 of them. 184/309 = 59.5% (the participation rate), which on a standard American school grading scale is an F (A=90-100, B=80-89, C=70-79, D=60-69, F=0-59). For orionid, your first contest was #119, giving 205 total contests of which you’ve entered 146 or 71.2%.

It certainly wasn’t meant to offend, it just seemed like an easy way to assign a “label” to the rate. I didn’t go through and check a lot of users, so I didn’t see that many would have low grades.

Given that, I’ll probably either move the participation rate & grade to the period stats (SQ, SY, & Overall), eliminate the grade altogether. or move to a grading curve (as much as I hated those in school). I’m certainly open to suggestions.

Or, you could all write a 1500-word essay on the history of photography for extra credit. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘New Feature & Update Announcements’ is closed to new replies.