"Pass the Farkamera"

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects "Pass the Farkamera"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    tarkhuna
    Participant

I’m in for the project. NY.

SmarmBeast
    Participant

I’m so in. I like the Holga idea as well 🙂

Also, an disposable camera with a flash should MIGHT sync to a save flash monolight setup by sensing the original flash… I doubt the those cheapies have any preflash, etc, that would screw it up.

idle_hands
    Participant

hiya, okay looks like we now have 11 shots on the 27 exposure farkamera accounted for. have been dying to post pics of the little blue beauty. waterproof (for you veruca!) bonus is you *can* shoot underwater!

here we go then:

monkeybort
    Participant

hiya, okay looks like we now have 11 shots on the 27 exposure farkamera accounted for. have been dying to post pics of the little blue beauty. waterproof (for you veruca!) bonus is you *can* shoot underwater!

here we go then:

oooo pretty! and blue!!!

/what a fun project!

idle_hands
    Participant

hi monkey! 🙂

it’s a little cutie eh? i’ve been asking around about airport xray scanning and am told that if we label the package well (i.e. please open to inspect – film camera enclosed) they are pretty good about it.

in order to see the big picture and to plan farkamera’s route i wonder if folks feel like flagging their location on this map: (thanks staplermofo!)

http://www.frappr.com/passthefarkamera

how do you guys want to do this? should we just know the addy of the person we’re sending it to?

monkeybort
    Participant

hi monkey! 🙂

it’s a little cutie eh? i’ve been asking around about airport xray scanning and am told that if we label the package well (i.e. please open to inspect – film camera enclosed) they are pretty good about it.

in order to see the big picture and to plan farkamera’s route i wonder if folks feel like flagging their location on this map: (thanks staplermofo!)

how do you guys want to do this? should we just know the addy of the person we’re sending it to?

i have been mapped!

it might be hard to just know the next person’s address…actually..hmm.

maybe if you sent an individual email to everyone, telling them who the next person in line was? that way only you’d have all the addresses….but then you’d have to send out 27 (or whatever) individual emails….hmmm.

idle_hands
    Participant

hi monkey! 🙂

i have been mapped!

maybe if you sent an individual email to everyone, telling them who the next person in line was? that way only you’d have all the addresses….but then you’d have to send out 27 (or whatever) individual emails….hmmm.

oh thank ye monkey, ye’er right! i found the key to the drinks cupboard, won’t be making much sense so i’m awae fer the noo…

oxoxoxox

admin
    Keymaster

i have been mapped!

Like I said, it would be pretty easy to set up something automated for this little project where we could collect addresses and then the system could automagically send out mails.

monkeybort
    Participant

i have been mapped!

Like I said, it would be pretty easy to set up something automated for this little project where we could collect addresses and then the system could automagically send out mails.

oh synthemesc, you’ve done so much already!!

monkeybort
    Participant

hmmm….just realized that you maybe weren’t offering – i certainly didn’t mean to trap you into doing it anything!!

/durr

// 😳

admin
    Keymaster

hmmm….just realized that you maybe weren’t offering – i certainly didn’t mean to trap you into doing it anything!!

/durr

// 😳

No, no, I’m certainly offering. It really wouldn’t take that much time, and it would be fun to track it across the world. As an example, everybody adds their address. When they receive the camera, they hit a link (with an e-mail to the previous sender letting them know they’ve gotten it, and to them with the address of the next person). And when they’ve sent it on, they hit another (with an e-mail to the next person letting them know it’s on its way). That way we can track the Farkamera.

It’s just another layer of fun for everyone. 😉 That being said, if we want to stick to the pencil and paper, that’s cool with me too — just because I’m offering, I don’t want people to feel they’re obligated to go with such a plan.

monkeybort
    Participant

/durr

// 😳

No, no, I’m certainly offering. It really wouldn’t take that much time, and it would be fun to track it across the world. As an example, everybody adds their address. When they receive the camera, they hit a link (with an e-mail to the previous sender letting them know they’ve gotten it, and to them with the address of the next person). And when they’ve sent it on, they hit another (with an e-mail to the next person letting them know it’s on its way). That way we can track the Farkamera.

It’s just another layer of fun for everyone. 😉 That being said, if we want to stick to the pencil and paper, that’s cool with me too — just because I’m offering, I don’t want people to feel they’re obligated to go with such a plan.

i love the idea of being able to track its progress, and knowing when it is on its way to me – sounds like a great idea if it’s not too much work for you!!

idle_hands
    Participant

/durr

// 😳

that would be great! please go ahead and do it when you have time?

should we mention the project in this week’s thread?

Stu_Padasso
    Participant

Hey folks,

I’ve been a lurker for a few months. I’ve really getting into digital photography as of late (I FINALLY got a tripod for Christmas so I’m taking more pics now). I’m starting to flex my creative muscle, so I’m not that good yet. But I would love to get in on the Farkamera project! 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

that would be great! please go ahead and do it when you have time?

No problem; I’ll do it this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 301 total)
  • The topic ‘"Pass the Farkamera"’ is closed to new replies.