Pass the Farkolga

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Pass the Farkolga

• This topic has 54 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Yoyo.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

Any scanner with a film function will work.

Any film scanner will work *as long as it accepts 120 film*. Some do not, so if it’s 35mm filmstrips only, you’re out of luck.

Farktographer
    Participant

I was talking more of, say, an office scanner/printer… Teh fundz don’t allow for a new scanner/camera/film spree

sleeping
    Participant

Most likely that won’t work, but most places that develop film will scan it for you too. High res scans can be extremely expensive, but sufficient for web posting shouldn’t be.

Farktographer
    Participant

Blargh. I was hoping to force some 35mm film into the holga and get those nice developed edges like in orionid’s examples, but I also hear if you take them to get developed that way it can get pretty pricey. I guess I’ll just have to shop around.

Kestrana
    Participant

Any film scanner will work *as long as it accepts 120 film*. Some do not, so if it’s 35mm filmstrips only, you’re out of luck.

Many scanners have a ‘film’ option though. We don’t own a film scanner. To scan 120 film we simply lay it in the center of the scanner bed and put a piece of glass over it to keep it flat and straight.

Blargh. I was hoping to force some 35mm film into the holga and get those nice developed edges like in orionid’s examples, but I also hear if you take them to get developed that way it can get pretty pricey. I guess I’ll just have to shop around.

I don’t know where you looked but around here, costs for 35mm “develop only” is cheaper than anything else. We’ve taken ours to CVS and Walgreens. We tell them “it’s artistic film” so they don’t think they fucked something up.

If you’re talking about making custom size prints from the negatives, then yeah it’s probably pretty expensive. Also look at your editing software – even if your scanner doesn’t have a negative scan option, you might be able to convert scanned negatives to the correct colors in post processing.

Farktographer
    Participant

Thanks for the tips, Kes. If I get my grubby hands on the Farkolga, I’ll give it a try 🙂

orionid
    Participant

This was my bad. I was thinking with just the 35mm, and not capturing the edges. A 35mm strip scanner will still get the photo information off the film, and from what I’ve read, the software in most will detect the film as “panoramic” and still capture the full length of the exposure without the sprocket holes.

To get the sprocket-hole effect, you have to scan it as medium format, which will take a flatbed scanner with medium format film function.

Kestrana’s right about the film, though, I take my 35mm to the local drugstore (and even walmart when I lived in NY), and it’s only a couple bucks for “process only.” I even have them cross-process stuff for me (I load my own e-6 into a reloadable spool and write C-41 on it. That’s all they know to look for).

nobigdeal
    Participant

So, anybody know where my Farkolga is? LOL!

Yoyo
    Participant

Now you ask for it back?!?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Now you ask for it back?!?

Huh? I’m asking what happened to it.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘Pass the Farkolga’ is closed to new replies.