Prokudin-Gorskii

Forums Forums Get Technical HDR Prokudin-Gorskii

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Until I saw chakalakasp’s photo in this week’s contest I had never heard of HDR photography. I did a few quick searches on the Inter-tubes and, funny enough, found that one of my favorite photographers used similar techniques almost 100 years ago. (I’d read about his techniques, but didn’t realize that what he was doing was, essentially, HDR photography.) Anyway, here are some of Prokudin-Gorskii’s shots if anyone is interested:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/gorskii.html

In the meantime, I look forward to posts from chakalakasp and others on how to get started in HDR.

bobroberts
    Participant

The post on Prokudin-Gorskii was mine; I stupidly forgot to login before posting.

/flogs self

ch4r7ie
    Participant

grain and fuzz

it’s intesesting to see photographs that have no grain and no depth of field, in the portrait contest you cold tell that my photos were shot on film and that it was 400 speed or greater

ouside in the daylight our iris constricts the pupil to a small size, this means that our eyes have become pinhole cameras with almost infinate depth of field

also, when we look at things we never see them come into focus, so everything seems to be sharp

until you need readers, then everything is fuzzy

/frogs elf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Prokudin-Gorskii’ is closed to new replies.