7-31-13 – Drop in the Bucket

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-31-13 – Drop in the Bucket

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photographs in which there are distinct drops of water. Need not be the sole subject but must be a significant aspect of the composition. Long exposure waterfalls need not apply (the kind where the water looks all dreamy).

fluffybunny dropped this theme on us, and for that we are well and truly grateful!

george_babbitt
    Participant

Should these drops be in motion i.e. free fall, having been projected etc. or does this include the kind of drops you see in a lot of macro photos?

fluffybunny
    Participant

Any drop(s) of water, moving or not.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

FYI, I’ll be off grid/incommunicado for the entire duration of this contest. Haven’t had any problems recently with the scraper and don’t anticipate any this time, but if so, I won’t be able to address it until just before the next contest.

Really hoping to be able to get back into the contests in a couple of weeks. I’ll have missed 8 in a row by then, my longest time out ever. 🙁

fluffybunny
    Participant

FYI, I’ll be off grid/incommunicado for the entire duration of this contest. Haven’t had any problems recently with the scraper and don’t anticipate any this time, but if so, I won’t be able to address it until just before the next contest.

Really hoping to be able to get back into the contests in a couple of weeks. I’ll have missed 8 in a row by then, my longest time out ever. 🙁

This is my first in a while, I feel your pain. It was my theme so I figured I should probably play. Here’s to hoping I can keep it going for a few more.

ravnostic
    Participant

got 3; if any is a repeat or off topic just delete; don’t have any backups here. kthxbi

bender16v
    Participant

I’ve been shooting a lot for this contest and didn’t quite get the shots I wanted but I’ve learned about what I need to do, I think. Trying to get things in focus through the water drops is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Here are my Bees, most taken in the last week: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7. I probably should have used #2 since I really like that one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m loving what’s in this thread so far!

Barracuda
    Participant

oddmind, what lens were you using for that awesome sunstar on the water droplet?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to bender16v this week!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘7-31-13 – Drop in the Bucket’ is closed to new replies.