Finding Photo Locations

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks Finding Photo Locations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bender16v
    Participant

I travel for work, sometimes A LOT, and wonder if anybody has any tips for scouting out good locations to visit for photography when traveling?

Now I just look for places on Google Maps, then try to research them a little to see if they are worth visiting. This sometimes pays off, but not usually and it takes a lot of time. For instance a few days ago I drove across Vermont and looked online first and found a list of places where they take people for photo tours. I stopped by a couple of those towns and didn’t see anything that looked interesting to me. I am curious if you look for community events, local park info, etc.

ravnostic
    Participant

G+

Hashtag your destination. Hashtag photowalk. You’ll find one. Even if you don’t go at the time one is happening–there’s your group of people who would know what there is to see, and when to see it.

orionid
    Participant

I travel for work, sometimes A LOT, and wonder if anybody has any tips for scouting out good locations to visit for photography when traveling?

Now I just look for places on Google Maps, then try to research them a little to see if they are worth visiting. This sometimes pays off, but not usually and it takes a lot of time. For instance a few days ago I drove across Vermont and looked online first and found a list of places where they take people for photo tours. I stopped by a couple of those towns and didn’t see anything that looked interesting to me. I am curious if you look for community events, local park info, etc.

Pretty much this. I’ll also just google search for the history of the area and nearby parks/activities. Another good technique that I use is doing a flickr search on the name of the town or use flickr places if it’s a big enough area (example: you can just search for “Seville, Spain” or go to places for “Andalusia.” for the broader area.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Finding Photo Locations’ is closed to new replies.