Took some photos…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Took some photos…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Saldo1981
    Participant

… of my roommate. Her mother asked for a framed photo of her for Christmas so she asked me to shoot some photos of her.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rsoldano/LesleyPhotoshoot?authkey=Y5KvF1qNdmU

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

I like them… ‘course that’s not sayin much, cause I don’t know much about good pictures yet… but I know I like what I like. I like that the colors are complimentary.. yellow/purple.. looks cool. Strangely, she looks familiar… weird…. but I’m in michigan….

Curious
    Participant

i like them too but if you’re looking for a formal framed (as in picture frame not framed composition) shot i didn’t really see an of the portrait type. if mom is wanting a more candid instead of a portrait you’re golden. third row, third from the left would be my pick for mom. mainly for the composition and lighting.

or you could do one of those frames that have a central image flanked by smaller ones and have the best of both world. use the third, third and surround it with some of the “wacky” ones.

but that’s me YMMV.

Analogy
    Participant

I think a little more attention could have been paid to lighting. The shots in shadow don’t have enough of a “key,” and the ones in the sun have too many harsh shadows.

third row, third from the left would be my pick for mom. mainly for the composition and lighting.

The arrangement of the photos changes depending on how wide your browser window is, you’ll have to be a little more specific.

Curious
    Participant

The arrangement of the photos changes depending on how wide your browser window is, you’ll have to be a little more specific.

hey it’s all about me. browser FF on a Samsung SyncMaster 204t monitor set to 1024×768. now which picture is it?

🙂

hint: it’s labeled 11 of 17

Saldo1981
    Participant

Thanks Curious. This is more of a “good” photo of her. I think that the picture you picked out was the one that everyone is. If she wanted a portrait type photo I would have told her to go pay someone as I’m horrible at them and hate taking them. I’m more into candid type photos and motorsports or anything automotive. I try to be artsy and creative but I get upset when I can’t snap the photo of something the way I’m picturing it in my head. My favorite photo recently is but I forgot to check my settings and the ISO was at 1600 so I got some grain in the photo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Took some photos…’ is closed to new replies.