Reply To: Becoming a better photographer: How did you do it?

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Becoming a better photographer: How did you do it? Reply To: Becoming a better photographer: How did you do it?

schnee
Participant

Three words: practice, practice, practice. And when you are bored with those three (you’re never really “done”), then here’s three more: exposure, exposure, exposure. Journal both – why did make a particular photograph (what caught your eye, why that composition) and what exposure did you set? As mentioned, a little note pad is perfect for this, and likely fits into your camera bag.

I also hooked up with a local educational group headed by a topnotch photographer. It is a neat bunch of people and really helped me improve. Everyone there does something better than anyone else (except this one guy – he’s just really really good at everything). Its nice to have constant reminders that I still have a bunch to learn and people I can learn it from.

Farktography helps with that constant reminder aspect as well.

(oh, and that one guy? he shoots DSLRs. did a little booklet with maybe 25 images in it and when he was asked how many photos he took to assemble the book, he replied, rather humbly, “about 40,000”)