Starting a new gallery…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Starting a new gallery…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    zincprincess
    Participant

Hey, that looks familiar! I didn’t photograph mine although I knew I should have.

Congratulations!

caradoc
    Participant

12 weeks. Already shaking fist at the ultrasound tech who “jiggled” her to try to get her turned for the profile image to check nuchal translucency.

The doctor gives us a 98% chance of having a girl. So, here’s Lily Margo:

LeicaLens
    Participant

12 weeks. Already shaking fist at the ultrasound tech who “jiggled” her to try to get her turned for the profile image to check nuchal translucency.

They can tell with 98% certainty that it’s going to be a girl from that!?
    Amazing.

clouddancer
    Participant

Unless you’ve had genetic testing of the kiddo, unlikely you’d know at 12 weeks. Genitals don’t form until 17 to 20 weeks, and before then they all look like girls.

Any boy names picked out yet? Was hoping for a girl last time and we had Annabel for a first name (thought of possibly Lyra and River for middle names, but hadn’t settled). For our first, if it was a girl we wanted Lyra Tiana. We wavered forever on picking our boy’s name for the second until the month or so. Love Lily Margo though. I like the both names.

zincprincess
    Participant

I think they can make a reasonable guess from the heart rate. Girls have higher heart rates than boys (I think). I’m not sure how early that trend sets in.

The first time around, I was amazed at how much they can tell from a grainy black and white moving image.

caradoc
    Participant

Any boy names picked out yet?

Yep. Jack Ryan.

Apparently the formation of the genital structures is simply the definitive indicator – there’s all sorts of other markers they look at, and grab stills and measure things right there on screen. Fetal heart rate, etc. There’s a pretty good article on fetal gender determination here which says they’re pretty accurate at 11-14 weeks:

“At 12 weeks the accuracy of gender assignment was 98.7% and at 13 weeks the accuracy was 100%. There was incorrect assignment of males as females in 3% at 12 weeks and no females assigned as males after 12 weeks.”

The doctor that looked at the tech’s work and made the determination sounded pretty confident on his statement, but we’re not going to start picking out paint colors or anything until after the next ultrasound.

orionid
    Participant

Any boy names picked out yet?

Yep. Jack Ryan.

Been reading Clancy lately?

orionid
    Participant

It’s okay, though. I’m still (and have been for about 12 years) considering Atticus Finch or Atticus Robert for first-born male.

ravnostic
    Participant

Atticus is a great name. I once knew a cat named Atticus.

caradoc
    Participant

Been reading Clancy lately?

Lately? No. I pointed that out to my wife when she suggested it, but we agreed that the literary reference didn’t matter to us.

Other alternative considered were:

Jack Robert
    Jack Remy

orionid
    Participant

Fair ’nuff.

caradoc
    Participant

And Lily Margo (confirmed – 100% according to the doc) gave us a thumbs-up yesterday:

clouddancer
    Participant

And Lily Margo (confirmed – 100% according to the doc) gave us a thumbs-up yesterday:[/url]

Congrats!

caradoc
    Participant

orionid
    Participant

That’s magical.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 180 total)
  • The topic ‘Starting a new gallery…’ is closed to new replies.