07-25-12 – This Old Car

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 07-25-12 – This Old Car

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

Anybody knows if this thing is pre-1992? It had no badges and I barely had time to take its picture as I walked past by it rather quickly:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliogt/7631541982/

It has that 80’s look and feel but I could be wrong.

I expect the classics to be more than covered this week, so maybe I’ll show some love for the mundane, knowing the voters won’t. =)

early 90’s Toyota Hiace van…most popular taxi in South Africa. You could get away with it. They kept roughly the same model until the mid- 2000’s

emiliogtz
    Participant

early 90’s Toyota Hiace van…most popular taxi in South Africa. You could get away with it. They kept roughly the same model until the mid- 2000’s

Looks like you nailed it Uranus, I’m pretty sure this one came from South America though. There were some parts near the Mexico-Guatemala border where you could get these things for a few hundred dollars.

U-Man
    Participant

OK since no one wants to chime in about the model car thing. What about pick-up trucks. Are they allowed?

😛

emiliogtz
    Participant

OK since no one wants to chime in about the model car thing. What about pick-up trucks. Are they allowed?

😛

I certainly hope so, I may include one.

thepostess
    Participant

I hope old trucks count…

Barracuda
    Participant

Alright, can I get a quick weigh in on which of these two? Dragged my buddy Tony out in the 95+ degree heat for some photos of his new to him Camaro so I’d best use at least one of the set.

Angled:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BXw5DThumJY/UBB4SG-eayI/AAAAAAAAIT8/9tup7Ykynmg/s1152/IMG_5563.jpg

Level:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F8aiCBQrtUI/UBB4Ud2VePI/AAAAAAAAIUE/Y8ykVYu4Mas/s912/IMG_5559.jpg

U-Man
    Participant

I like the lighting of the angled one better. But I like the composition of the level one. Overall, I think the composition wins for me on this one. My eye keeps going to the pole coming out of the roof on the angled one.

Tell Tony that he has a pretty sweet ride. 🙂

thepostess
    Participant

U-Man, are you using a Cokin Star Filter for those images? Cool shots.

Kestrana
    Participant
    powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Mods, I goofed in posting and posted the uncropped version of the Ford Futura. Can you delete the first one of the two? Let me know if I have to repost the cropped version.

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man, are you using a Cokin Star Filter for those images? Cool shots.

Nope. No filter at all. Just f/22. Really and seriously. The Riviera I shot last night. Using about a 2 minute exposure, I ‘painted’ the front with 15-20 hand held flash shots and then I crouched behind it with a flash just peeking out and shooting back at the camera.

Here’s a silly over the top version I considered using –

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/Like-New_7537b.jpg

Barracuda
    Participant

U-Man, I saw the picture and first thought was “alright, who’s being cute with photoshop”, saw it was you and then was like “how in the world did he pull that off in camera.” Very cool, sad to see the old boat in that sad shape.

I kinda wish this forum had a ‘Like’ button.

“Like” 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Mods, I goofed in posting and posted the uncropped version of the Ford Futura. Can you delete the first one of the two? Let me know if I have to repost the cropped version.

Got your 8:14:24, though not seeing the cropped version. Feel free to add it if you haven’t already.

U-Man
    Participant

Hey, I was just over at G+ and read the novel of a post by ravnostic. (thanks for the shout-out btw) He mentioned the new sizes that are OK by fark standards. I knew that the max file size went up but I didn’t know the max px increased too.

I can’t find this info on fark. It’s hiding. Can anybody point it out?

Barracuda
    Participant

There was a thread, I think it was in Pub & Grill about the new size.

re: camaro, I’ll let Tony know you like. I’ve got the rest of the set over on G+ / Picasa. He picked the thing up like 3 days prior, he’s also got an 80 formula firebird, but it’s getting an engine transplant right now and the electrical isn’t hooked back up. Got lucky and found a stretch of empty rural road outside of town a few miles. Was hoping to find some fresh dark blacktop to set off the color, but didn’t want to park his new ride in the middle of the road and have some country boy in a F-350 come around the corner at the wrong time. You are right about composition over lighting (and that damped pole I didn’t see till I got home)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘07-25-12 – This Old Car’ is closed to new replies.