1-16-13 – Auto Erotica

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 1-16-13 – Auto Erotica

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks. all 3 were archive dives but I hope to get at least 2 or 3 votes.

The weather around here also mandated archive dives. I’m pretty happy with what I got, though. Just hoping to show up someplace respectable.

Well I think they will do ok. I had a friend a few years back who had a VW powered trike. Didn’t look nearly as nice as the one in your picture.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Living in the least auto-centric city in America left me high and dry for this theme. The closest I could come in the archives was the wienermobile

There are classic cars in a lot of the parades I shoot but I never seem to pay attention to them. I’ve never been a car guy, hell I could barely remember to put gas in those I owned. I was mean to live in NYC 8)

bender16v
    Participant

The white “Cowboy Car” that I submitted was just plain old ridiculous. Here are two photos of the entire car:

Yoyo
    Participant

Is the theme that hard to understand? I ask because it seems to me that there are several entries of stock looking cars. I also wish voting was enabled on the ’76 cop car. I guess I’ll leave theme interpretation accuracy up to the voters. On the plus side, it seems like we’re got some new players this week.

lokisbong
    Participant

Is the theme that hard to understand? I ask because it seems to me that there are several entries of stock looking cars. I also wish voting was enabled on the ’76 cop car. I guess I’ll leave theme interpretation accuracy up to the voters. On the plus side, it seems like we’re got some new players this week.

Yeah I definitely didn’t vote for anything that looked completely stock. I did vote for a bunch though. lots of very cool cars.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It shouldn’t be, but there’s always that element (or almost always). Unfortunately, I’m the complete opposite of a car person, so some of those that might appear obviously stock to you guys, I’m completely clueless on. I did ask in the thread about the one guy’s garage full of (possibly non-functional) Italian cars, but there hasn’t been any response. I was considering pulling both of those if I didn’t hear back from the guy, but I tend to err even more on the side of caution when it’s something like this where I’m less familiar with the subject matter.

Barracuda
    Participant

Speaking of TF gifts, seems I’ve got one to give away. First Farktography Lite’r that responds gets it. 🙂

fluffybunny
    Participant

Speaking of TF gifts, seems I’ve got one to give away. First Farktography Lite’r that responds gets it. 🙂

I can back that up with one of my own, so let’s make that a two-fer.

hunches
    Participant

Pick me, pick me!

Barracuda
    Participant

Pick me, pick me!

u’re first.

Barracuda
    Participant

hunches, you got TF.

And apparently I have yet another to give away that I never used… so still two TF’s up from grabs between me and fluffybunny!

fluffybunny
    Participant

hunches, you got TF.

And apparently I have yet another to give away that I never used… so still two TF’s up from grabs between me and fluffybunny!

There may be as many as three per year per paid TF account IIRC and I just renewed mine.

hunches
    Participant

hunches, you got TF.

Nifty, thanks ‘cuda 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to wickedfish this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to wickedfish on the individual win and to Barracuda on the combined win!

I had planned to enter this one and had already gleaned my list of potentials from the archives, but I came down Tuesday night with the worst stomach virus in recorded history (OK, maybe just my recent memory then). Aside from barely making it down Wed night to start the scraper, I didn’t even look at my computer for 3 days (that should tell you both how bad it really was and where y’all rank in my priorities ;)). I just got to feeling somewhat normal again yesterday, so barring a relapse, I’ll be back for Sepia.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘1-16-13 – Auto Erotica’ is closed to new replies.