1-30-13 – 404: Contest Not Found

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 1-30-13 – 404: Contest Not Found

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

yeah I figured out that there is a “button” on the right side on the top to switch it back to the old style submission box. but the new thing confused me enough on my first entry I forgot to enable voting.

I found that, too after griping, but it still is annoying. I finally got around to visiting my Preferences page for the first time in years, and that’s about the only thing you can’t change.

Does anybody know how to ask Drew or Mike (or any of the other Fark code monkeys) to include that as a preference? (I don’t mean one of hundreds (thousands) of Farkbacks…)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You might try emailing one or both directly. Their emails are in their profiles.

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh thank you very much! I guess I just gotta mess with it until I figure it out because with my luck they will get rid of the “Use HTML Buttons” thing if I don’t figure it out first. I have never learned all that html stuff. other than grabbing the pre written code from flickr. but when I tried to use it earlier it did something weird that looked even more like gobbledegook to me than normal. which is when I tried the Use HTML Buttons thingy and it brought the old style submission box back.

lokisbong
    Participant

The abandoned restaurant in my 3/3 is the Mcy Ds I worked at until the beginning of January when it shut down. went from a relatively busy restaurant to that in just 3 days.

fluffybunny
    Participant

For those interested, on your Fark preferences page, under the “Comment Preferences”, un-checking “Enable modern rich text (WYSIWYG) editor for posting comments” will default you back to ye olde posting methods (at least it works for me).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’oh! I forgot there was a preference option.

Yugoboy
    Participant

For those interested, on your Fark preferences page, under the “Comment Preferences”, un-checking “Enable modern rich text (WYSIWYG) editor for posting comments” will default you back to ye olde posting methods (at least it works for me).

I will look for that. I didn’t see it, but if you say it’s there, I will look again. (I probably just didn’t understand the phrasing at the time. I’m not at my best when I’m frustrated.)

Thank you!

EDIT – Found it! Thanx mucho!

U-Man
    Participant

If I ever get Mopsy back here she will freak about the new box. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wait until you visit some time and can walk her through it or shut it off entirely for her 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to U-Man this week!

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Congrats U-Man, that is a great shot.

It’s a good week for me…I filled out my top 10. I finally got a 7th place.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, U-Man, on the sweep of individual and combined. It’s nice to be able to say that again. 🙂

It’s a good week for me…I filled out my top 10. I finally got a 7th place.

I know that feeling! But wow, not just top 10, that was your only holdout from 1st thru 42nd – congrats!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Still waiting on 64, 97, and 98…

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks peeps. It’s nice to be back. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘1-30-13 – 404: Contest Not Found’ is closed to new replies.