2-26-14 – Animal Kingdom

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 2-26-14 – Animal Kingdom

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant
    bender16v wrote:
    A tough subject for me since this is what I spend most of my time chasing. A few others:

Egret and Owl = wow!

I’ve been doing more bird/wildlife shots myself lately, change of pace from the landscape work. Still not completely convinced that my Tamron 70-300 isn’t back-focusing just a bit. Really need to put it on the tripod in the house somewhere and do some test shots with it at something that’ll really make it obvious if it is or not. All the same though, managed a few decent keeper shots recently which are now on my picasa albums: https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/ParksNatureWildlife

Barracuda
    Participant

Anyone have a linky to good info on how to post to farktography from flickr? trying to help a newbie friend of mine get started. 🙂

Yugoboy
    Participant

Anyone have a linky to good info on how to post to farktography from flickr? trying to help a newbie friend of mine get started. 🙂

I usually click on the picture, then right click and choose “Original” (I save at the 850px wide size for this). Then, that page shows up, right click on the picture and “Copy Image Source.”

If his/her Flickr image(s) are bigger than 850, they can choose a smaller size than “Original” to get the Image Source from.

Hasn’t failed me yet.

orionid
    Participant

Click on the share icon, then select desired size (Medium 800 for landscape/horizontal images, medium 1040 for portrait/vertical images) and the HTML radio button. Select all, copy.

In fark, click on “use HTML buttons.” Paste. Submit.

bender16v
    Participant

Thanks orionid and Barracuda. The eagle that I entered was taken with natural light at a rehab facility. There was a small ray of light coming through the woods and the background was in heavy shadow. The eagles flying around are from the Mississippi River, Locks 13 and 14 near Clinton, IA. I bet there are 1,000 eagle there right now. The cold winter has bunched them all up at the dams. It is incredible to see. All of my owl photos are also from a rehab facility. I’ve spent about 20 hours driving and hundreds of miles this year looking for Snowy Owls but have not found one.

Barracuda
    Participant

A few days late, but spent the day today at the Dallas Zoo (near 80 degrees today, it’ll be in the 20’s by this time tomorrow)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Morningbreath this week!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘2-26-14 – Animal Kingdom’ is closed to new replies.