Reply To: 3-8-06 a different perspective

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 3-8-06 a different perspective Reply To: 3-8-06 a different perspective

veruca
Participant

OK I’ll readily admit I know nothing about photography. I also know nothing about half the themes posted here. But I play along to be cannon fodder for the pros who people like me make look good.

So I submit a pic that my own reaction to was “meh” basically so I could say I articipated. Set it up in about 10 seconds (not including all the time invested washing/waxing the vehicles involved) and shot it with the camera in hands and on no-brainer mode.

The thing gets 18 votes, more than half of the winning entries and literally multiple times the number of votes my previous entrants have ever earned. There’s like 50 pictures I like better that have fewer votes than mine.

Go figger.

Ah, the fickle finger of the greater voting community. I’ve posted photos which I love dearly, and then others which I’m also ‘meh’ about which seem to attract more attention. Sometimes the opposite as well…you just never know.

I can’t tell if you’re just wondering out loud or otherwise, but personally in all the contests I’ve entered I still walk away with a smile because someone liked my photo. That and I really enjoy seeing what everyone else has to offer, too.