1-17-07 – WTF?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: WTF?: What in the world did you photograph there? Make it as simple or as abstract as you’d like (any subject).

zeke
    Participant
    anneb
    Participant

Well.

It is time for me to head up to MD and get a better (read: non-rushed) shot of this sign:

(My gallery page for that is at http://www.ooblick.com/gallery/v/anneb/loose_ends/Signs/WTFCU_3104.jpg.html, if there are image loading access probs from my friend’s site)

Curious
    Participant

i have my three selected, saved for web and uploaded. to quote our president, bring it on.

and as usual while they appeal to me there’s no guarantee the voters will like them. good thing i do this for me 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I (currently) got nuthin’. The one shot I had that would work, I’ve entered before. Kids are sick and I think I’m coming down with it too so I don’t know what, if anything, I’ll manage to shoot for this one. But I’m really looking forward to everyone’s entries this week–I think this is gonna be a good week 🙂

mikemikeb
    Participant

I (currently) got nuthin’.

😯

Now, now, don’t pull any of that on us. There have to be three good entries somewhere in your archive. All my three entries this week are from archive-raiding. Your mundane virtuosity in photography astounds me — I’m not sure how I could get as many votes trying to emulate you (I tried once and failed miserably, remember?).

As for me, it’s now simply a matter of double-guessing, uploading my final entries, and waiting for the mainpage hit.

monkeybort
    Participant

i think i may be out this week as well….haven’t had a chance to scroll through the archives and i can’t seem to even come up with a good idea of things to look for.

maybe inspiration will strike tonight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Your mundane virtuosity in photography astounds me —

lol thanks, I think 😉

I managed to shoot something last night after the kids were in bed, though I didn’t get a chance to fully post-process it. It may or may not translate into teh funny (and I may or may not use, not sure), but yes, I’m currently archive diving too. I’m up to July of last year lol

Curious
    Participant

though I didn’t get a chance to fully post-process it.

and by that you mean resize it and save for web?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, I got them downloaded from the camera and started reviewing the jpgs but one of the sick kiddos woke up and interrupted any further post-processing for the night. In the case of the picture in question (which I decided wasn’t strong enough to use) that meant white balance tweak for the RAW (it was shot in mixed light), slight curves boost, crop, resize. So yes, all in keeping with the rules 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Linky: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl
    And nearly insta-green for 12:01am–w00t!

SilverStag
    Participant

I just found about 1500 old negatives from 30 years ago I didn’t know I still had… but none of them were really wtf’s except either in the sense of “WTF was I thinking when I took this?” or “WhereTF was I when I took this?”.

But I still pulled my WTF’s from my Ektachrome collection, but slightly newer than the ones I just found.

I tell you , I greatly enjoyed the entries I’ve seen this week, and well done to the farkmins for getting the early greenie!

staplermofo
    Participant

Wow, there are a whole lotta boobies in this one (the fark meaning I mean, mannequins notwithstanding).

schnee
    Participant

Wow, there are a whole lotta boobies in this one (the fark meaning I mean, mannequins notwithstanding).

I noticed that too. One tick doesn’t make a trend, but it is nice to see

schnee
    Participant

This was an awesome contest – hard to view at work with all the giggles wanting to escape my head.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘1-17-07 – WTF?’ is closed to new replies.