$1 DIY image stabilizer

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks $1 DIY image stabilizer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    UnstoppableDrew
    Participant
    corsec67
    Participant

The bolt type to look for is a 1/4″-20 by about 1 inch long. That is 20 threads per inch, or “coarse”.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I just saw that earlier today. Pretty sweet

staplermofo
    Participant

WTF are “lashings” and “granny knots”?

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Lashing is a type of knot where you wrap around the object several times to secure it. A granny knot is slang for ‘whatever knot you happen to know, tie a bunch’. Granny knots are often a stack of square knots.

Remember, the first rule of knots is “if you don’t know knots, tie lots”.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I like it, I’ll have to try that.

JoeMarfice
    Participant

Lashing is a type of knot where you wrap around the object several times to secure it. A granny knot is slang for ‘whatever knot you happen to know, tie a bunch’. Granny knots are often a stack of square knots.

That’s a new one to me, but it does fit the context better than the “traditional” definition of a granny knot, which is a backwards square knot (aka reef knot).

Granny knots come undone when you don’t want them too, and are hard to take apart intentionally (like square knots), so they’re terrible knots.

If your shoelaces come untied, it may be because you tied the loops in a granny knot, instead of a square! (When tied correctly, the loops lie across the foot, not up&down its length.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘$1 DIY image stabilizer’ is closed to new replies.