Skip to toolbar

11-28-07 – Let’s Vent

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-28-07 – Let’s Vent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Smokestacks, chimneys, exhausts, etc. Note: People and/or their emotions should not be the primary focus of your photos.

idle_hands
    Participant

oh gasp! i must be in farktography heaven 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

heh heh this could be an epic week…

idle_hands
    Participant

i may need to be sedated for this thread

/goes to alphabetise foodstuffs in kitchen cupboards

schnee
    Participant

Man-made? Or would natural vents such as oh, to take a random thought, “volcanoes” be acceptable?

Personally, I vote for “man-made”.

/I get excited when idle_hands gets excited

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, I had figured geothermal vents etc would be kosher; kmmontandon, mentioned in the original discussion thread that he has access to lots of volcano and geothermal vent type pictures. But perhaps we should ask Uranus if he had wanted to include natural vents….what say you, Uranus?

FutherMucker
    Participant

Maybe it’s crazy to ask it

Would an animal that rhyme perfectly with guerrilla venting its bladder be accepted here ? Or no ?

Just asking.

Does vent only meaning some gas/vapor ?

zeke
    Participant

If you’re asking about a biological excretory process, I seriously doubt that would be acceptable under Fark rules.

Uranus
    Participant

Wooo…really late to see the question,Elsinore, but I think natural vents are great! Anyone want to dive to a bazillion feet to get those deep Atlantic ones?

Barring the scatalogical, I’d say anything goes. Keeps life interesting.

Guma2
    Participant

Do grates qualify in the theme? Surely if their function is to release warm air…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Are you talking like sewer/stormwater drain type grates? Cause those don’t seem very “vent-y” to me…they steam in the winter only as a consequence of carrying warmer water than the surrounding air, not to specifically give vent to anything. But maybe that’s not the type of grate you mean?

Morningbreath
    Participant

I would think subway vents and those city grates count. They are designed to vent the air and/or steam

/not that I am posting any, though. Its all chimneys and smokestacks from me this week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would think subway vents and those city grates count. They are designed to vent the air and/or steam

That’s a good point…

Guma2
    Participant

That’s a good point…

I am indeed referring to a subway grate which appears to be part of a ventilation system.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Wau!!! This was fun ! Add another something to my learning curve. I was think that the examples must show some of the form of venting, and not just what can vent. Why I did not ask this question, I don’t know. 😯

I don’t care on votes, I just must be clear on the theme. How I could not see this ?

/Face-desk-slam ! 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.