12-30-09 – ClusterFark

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-30-09 – ClusterFark

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photos with so much going on it makes your head spin. The polar opposite of minimalism.

Thanks to NoBigDeal for the theme suggestion!

corsec67
    Participant

Ooh, awesome. I am going to be in Tokyo this weekend, so I can easily take a picture for this…

LeicaLens
    Participant

Ooh, awesome. I am going to be in Tokyo this weekend, so I can easily take a picture for this…

The big pedestrian crossing in Shibuya? 😀

soosh
    Participant

this will be fun.

staplermofo
    Participant

Anyone know if article 21 of the Japanese constitution protects your right to shout “Tentacle monster!” in a crowded pedestrian crossing?

soosh
    Participant

article 21 lays out the soba requirements. crowded tentacles are covered in 17b.

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. I have some Pangolyn-inspired ideas for this one.

Curious
    Participant

maybe i should have saved my “Christmas card” one for this week.

justkat
    Participant

I’ve sort of going with “so much going on that it’s hard to tell what the photographer (that would be me) was aiming at, much less going for”… does that sound right? I’ll be honest, I’m archive diving. I don’t know if I could make myself take that kind of picture on purpose. 😛

linguine
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m just now getting to things. 5 minutes before the contest, I was on puke detail. Again. 🙁

Good stuff so far!

mopsy
    Participant

I had been thinking about entering a photo of dried, dead fish for this contest but decided against it. But if I want to use it in another theme, U-Man suggested I get it cleared first. They are dried fish in a basket in Chinatown. All their heads are pointing upward with their little mouths and their little teeth showing. No blood, no gore. What do you think?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sounds like it would be ok since there’s no blood or gore. Conversely, a shot of the dead fish in the fish market in Seattle would almost certainly be permissible as well.

mopsy
    Participant

Sounds like it would be ok since there’s no blood or gore. Conversely, a shot of the dead fish in the fish market in Seattle would almost certainly be permissible as well.

I don’t think the Seattle fish would be dried to the point of looking like molded plastic! But I understand your point.

Hope you are cleaning up someone else’s puke and not your own!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Actually if they’re that dried/plastic looking, then I’d think they’d be even less of an issue. I wouldn’t think anyone would be sickened by the sight of that, and that’s really at the heart of the “no dead animals” rule.

And yeah, it was mini-Zeke who decided to go for round three in the seemingly never ending Christmas flu-fest. Apparently the chocolate milk from today was ill advised despite it being 36 hours or more since he was last ill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘12-30-09 – ClusterFark’ is closed to new replies.