2-21-07 Comfort

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: This theme is all about comfort. Your favorite blanket, a cup of cocoa, or perhaps whatever calms your soul after a long day.

veruca
    Participant

Haha Curious, where did your comment go? Lol. I was going to say whatever makes you happy 😛

Curious
    Participant

i decided that, like comments on myspace, it might be misconstrued. way back when i was 18 i did something that came back to haunt me for years afterward. i also quit a job once and told them i was going to get drunk. not a smart thing to do.

if it was just you all reading these comments i’d have left it up but it’s the internets and one just doesn’t know who will see what you wrote.

veruca
    Participant

understood. in a general ‘thinking out loud’ kind of way i wish we could go back and delete thoughts and actions we regret from our past. then there’s there whole butterfly effect to consider i guess. but i do completely understand your logic.

mikemikeb
    Participant

I had one of those sort of concerns about the Head-On parody in the “3.0” thread. I decided to let it in, hoping people solely saw it as me trying to channel staplermofo, and not misconstrue it as me trying to criticise him for having another kid, for whatever reason they made in their mind. It worked, but I wonder if something similar would work later, elsewhere.

millera9
    Participant

Curious I understand what you’re saying and I would type a reply, but this guy said it better than I ever could. So yeah, read and enjoy!

http://www.xkcd.com/c137.html

/I kinda wanna know what you had typed there before you deleted it!

SaintDiluted
    Participant

hey, just wondering if this photo is ok for FT…

If there’s a definition of comfort, in my mind, this is it. 😉

[/img]

Analogy
    Participant

Oh great, now I’m going to be arrested for child pron.

It’s a tough call, I’m personally okay with it but I can see how some more uptight folks wouldn’t be.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, there isn’t even any butt showing, but there’s enough skin, I’d think the illusion would be there that it’s toeing a line. I can ask for a consensus from the mods, though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like the consensus from the Fark perspective is SFW, Dil, so go for it 🙂

Analogy
    Participant

Hey, when do these contests go live? Does the contest for 2/21 go live the morning of 2/21 (i.e. midnight) or the evening of 2/21? ‘Cause I’m madly refreshing Fark right now and I’m starting to wonder if it’s in vain…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’oh! Yes, you’re refreshing in vain. The contest is posted to TF at 8pm (Eastern time, USA) on Wednesdays, which of course this week will be 2/21. They don’t typically go green and hit the mainpage until after midnight, generally from midnight to 1am Thursday.

Analogy
    Participant

Oh, okay. I actually took a decent picture for this week’s contest so I want to get it posted as early as possible so people see it. Preview here.

swampa
    Participant
    schnee
    Participant

this being Fark and all, I predict that the winner will be a photo of a mother comforting a child with a bottle of Southern Comfort

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘2-21-07 Comfort’ is closed to new replies.