3-29-06 green

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

For some reason this puts the Pink Floyd Money song in my head.

Klahanie
    Participant

Haha, I was trying to get the song in my head, but instead I got “For the Love of Money” by the Ojays. Funny how the brain works. 😉

So how is veruca tonight? Any idea yet when this thing is going to go green? Green, green? Woohoo, it’s going to be a pretty thread I just know it!

veruca
    Participant

Haha, I was trying to get the song in my head, but instead I got “For the Love of Money” by the Ojays. Funny how the brain works. 😉

So how is veruca tonight? Any idea yet when this thing is going to go green? Green, green? Woohoo, it’s going to be a pretty thread I just know it!

I’m fine but so sleepy. How about you? How’s the film developing going?
    You know what I just realized? This was my first greenlight ever. On the green thread. Weird?

sleeping
    Participant

Any idea yet when this thing is going to go green?

5:52 AM. Is it just me, or do these go better when they go to the main page earlier on Wed evening?

Anonymous
    Participant

Is it just me, or did ‘Green’ not get greenlighted? I’m just a liter, and I’ve only posted in the farktography threads two or three times, but I had a couple cool submissions for this one 🙁 I can’t afford to go totalFark when I just want to take part a couple times a year! 🙁

sleeping
    Participant

No, it’s been greenlighted, it just isn’t scheduled to go live until tommorrow morning…

Klahanie
    Participant

Well that bites. So it’s Wednesday night for Total Fark, but Thursday morning for us liters. A couple of weeks ago it went green after just 4 hours or so. 🙄

Anonymous
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve seen them show up a lot earlier as well, it’s often been there when I get up (on European time here). Oh well,

veruca
    Participant

I’m sorry these go to the front page so late. We don’t have any control over it, and we’ve made inquiries before about streamlining the time, but nothing has come of it so far. 😥 Sounds like it’s time to make another inquiry.

Klahanie
    Participant

I’m sorry these go to the front page so late. We don’t have any control over it, and we’ve made inquiries before about streamlining the time, but nothing has come of it so far. 😥 Sounds like it’s time to make another inquiry.

Thanks for all the effort veruca. You rock. I’m getting a little frustrated with the whole thing to tell you the truth. Were we not told a few months ago that we would get a tag? Is a tag and a set time really that difficult? If I’m not mistaken, it’s a pretty popular feature on Fark. Maybe we should tell his mom. 😛

IMeant2DoThat
    Participant

Might it be possible to get a more feasible greenlight time if the TF posting time were earlier in the day? I realize that might make it slightly more prohibitive for some TF’ers to get in early on the action, but it may ensure a larger audience than when we’re relegated to the 4/5/6am greenlights. Yes, I know alternate times have been suggested in the past, but IIRC, they were mostly LATER times.

/my $0.02 CAD

monkeybort
    Participant

Might it be possible to get a more feasible greenlight time if the TF posting time were earlier in the day? I realize that might make it slightly more prohibitive for some TF’ers to get in early on the action, but it may ensure a larger audience than when we’re relegated to the 4/5/6am greenlights. Yes, I know alternate times have been suggested in the past, but IIRC, they were mostly LATER times.

/my $0.02 CAD

i think it’ll be harder to find someone to put up the first post (at least on this side of the country) if we make it too much earlier – as it is i sometimes just barely get home in time to post it (the few times i’ve done it).

IMeant2DoThat
    Participant

So it’s back to plan A: kidnap and/or bribe the modmins.

Anonymous
    Participant

Well, I finally got home to post mine 🙁 Kept refreshing this morning hoping it’d show up long enough to miss my train but finally I had to leave. Well maybe a few people will still see my two green pics… Hope it’ll show up a bit earlier in the future!

schnee
    Participant

The way I see it, the Farktography Greenlight Time is the flip-side of what I first noticed with the Photoshop contests. I call it the Farkenberg Uncertainty Principle: Before a contest hits the main page, liters can never know both the theme of a contest AND the greenlight time at the same time.

All Photoshoppers know when the contests will hit – the queue is right there – but only TFers know the theme.

Farktographers got the opposite situation – we know the theme due to Farktography.net, but we don’t know when it will be posted to the main page. Only TFers know both.

I spent some time analyzing the post time of a particular entry versus the number of votes it garnered. In general (and for the top 40 vote getters), there is a slight correlation – the earlier the post, the more votes. But it is a very slight correlation for the sample size of 40.

When I took a look at the finish position (1st, 2nd, 3rd) for a given contest, there seems to be a strong correlation between posting before the greenlight time and making it into the winner’s circle.

I’ve got charts for both of these (because, see, I’m a geek). I’ll try to post them later tonight.

I see this as some of the sugar a TF subscription brings, assuming one finds large vote-counts “sweet”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘3-29-06 green’ is closed to new replies.