5-15-13 – Farkstronomy 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-15-13 – Farkstronomy 2

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

One benefit of only posting 2 entries is that when you’re getting your ass handed to you by people with far better stuff, it’s a third less disappointing/crushing.

Night time photography is hard. Astro-photography doubly so. I’m just glad we have some good participation, yours included.

chupathingie
    Participant

That must be a popular spot for pics of the lake! LOL You two could have been side-by-side from the looks of the perspective!

We were.

LMAO!

chupathingie
    Participant

One benefit of only posting 2 entries is that when you’re getting your ass handed to you by people with far better stuff, it’s a third less disappointing/crushing.

Night time photography is hard. Astro-photography doubly so. I’m just glad we have some good participation, yours included.

Hell, I’m happy to just get a vote or two! 😆 I went back last night and browsed over the first Farkstronomy thread, and we have a LOT more folks shooting DSOs for this one. While I kind of miss the shots dealing with the tools and concept of astronomy as opposed to the objects astronomy is usually pointed at, it’s reallyt nice to see folks shooting for the more difficult tracking/stacking shots. There’s a whole lotta really purty stuff in this one, and a few new folks 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Linguine this week!

chupathingie
    Participant

Yeah! Gorgeous image! I hope that’s printed and hanging on a wall somewhere. I got the same reaction from quite a few folks Friday when I linked them the thread: “OOOOH! WALLPAPERS!” 😆

Also, this is the first time I’ve ever placed! Woohoo! I almost didn’t enter…

ravnostic
    Participant

I said my peas in the Fark forum. :o)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

But what about your carrots??

emiliogtz
    Participant

Okay, so I went with the lowest hanging fruit, which at least for me wasn’t so low after all. That place where I took those pictures is just awesome, but quite isolated, and somewhat tricky to get at.

Those shots are beautiful. Gotta ask, is the foreground lighting natural or did you have a lantern with you?

Thanks! =)

It was the moon. There was a full moon that night which explains the foreground and the bright clouds also. According to the weather service that night was supposed to be crystal clear but what do they know.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks everyone, lots of great shots this week.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The topic ‘5-15-13 – Farkstronomy 2’ is closed to new replies.