Skip to toolbar

5-16-07 – Hope

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: Hope. This space intentionally left blank.
    (The suggester wanted to leave the interpretation of this theme wide open.)

Morningbreath
    Participant

Hope, as in I hope I win the conest with this photo

Morningbreath
    Participant

I hope I learn to spell someday too

XenPix
    Participant

I’m hoping I can think of something to photograph. If only I still lived near Hope, Derbyshire. That’d be win.

staplermofo
    Participant

I’m hoping I can think of something to photograph. If only I still lived near Hope, Derbyshire. That’d be win.

I think it was Thomas Merton who said “Do not depend on the hope of results. You may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not perhaps results opposite to what you expect. As you get used to this idea, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results, but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself. You gradually struggle less and less for an idea and more and more for specific people staplers. In the end, it is the reality of personal relationship staplers that saves everything.”

XenPix
    Participant

I’m looking forward to the Stapler Sports day photos. Immensely.

And I’m used to people going “ooooooh” at pictures I thought were rubbish, and completely ignoring the ones I like. I will be submitting my least favourite photographs for all competitions. 😉

Curious
    Participant

I will be submitting my least favourite photographs for all competitions.

that may well be the winning ticket. and a strategy i probably should employ too.

and this is an observation not a complaint but i wish we could use “strike” in here.

Marley
    Participant

Wow, I thought this was forgotten long ago. Thanks for the birthday present.

Crap, this means I’ve got to think of something hopeful now.

millera9
    Participant

“If hope is the thing with feathers, as Emily Dickinson said, then it’s good to remember that feathers don’t generally fossilize well.” – David Quammen

One of my favorite quotes from my all-time favorite author. Now if I can just figure out a way to turn that into a photograph of something…

cras
    Participant

There’s always Arkansas.

millera9
    Participant

Man, I really hope I’m not the only idiot posting bird pictures tonight…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I was going to go for a “Hope is a thing with feathers” thing myself, then I realized you’d quoted that in your quote above, so I’m just going with something I have in my archives. Haven’t had much time lately to shoot anyway.

Snug Tight
    Participant

I don’t have anything for tonight. Well, I guess I have one that is kinda stretching the theme a bit.

But then,, I do have a buttload of bird photos.

monkeybort
    Participant

i also have nothing for tonight. 🙁

altho’ i suppose i have some peacock shots that would fit the ‘thing with feathers’ motif….meh.

/gonna stick with ‘got nuthin’

XenPix
    Participant

I also have nothing 🙁

I found it really, REALLY hard to think of anything to photograph for “hope”. I did have an idea about Spes (goddess, associated with hope), but I don’t have kids and didn’t have any dolls to do the job with.

I have a bird shot too, heh. It’s a baby bird though. New life was the best I could think of.

I’ll also be posting late, so we’ll see how that goes. Not getting up at 1am for one picture. :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.