7-2-14 – You Can’t Fight City Hall 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-2-14 – You Can’t Fight City Hall 2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

In honor of Independence Day in the US, photos of government buildings, including but not limited to City Hall, State Capitol, National Capitol, Department buildings, Fire Department, Sewer and Water, whatever… as long as it’s owned by a government or has some government purpose.

(I thought this might be an appropriate theme to revisit, given the timing!)

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

I hope the weather clears up in time for me to jump in for this one.

I’m really interested in how our tiny mountain town policemen are going to react to me showing up with a tripod and camera outside of our new police station.

I know several of them are curious about the camera bag they see over my shoulder whenever I go walking, and I’ve spoken to the police chief about being hassled over photography by citizens in the past, but I’ve never stopped to take photos of things Homeland Security said makes photographers terrorists — like public buildings.

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

Hah. I was indeed stopped and questioned for taking pics of our Police Dept. from the sidewalk.

I saw an employee pull the shades back from one of the windows and stare at me. A few minutes later, a cruiser pulled to an abrupt stop at the curb next to me to ask what I was doing.

It turned out amiably, though. He asked for ID, I told him I didn’t have any with me, and was just taking pictures of government buildings on a sunny summer day. He accepted that and told me to have a good day.

orionid
    Participant

LOL. Nice. Could have been much worse.

Barracuda
    Participant

My best archived options are all HDR, so looks like I’ll be doing some fresh versions of a few shots for this contest at least.

… now I have 3 city halls, 4 court houses and a school to choose from. Now to whittle it down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘7-2-14 – You Can’t Fight City Hall 2’ is closed to new replies.