80’s Flashbacks?

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk 80’s Flashbacks?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So, it turns out that Trans Siberian Orchestra concerts are camera-friendly, and I had good seats, so I gave my first real attempt at concert photography. Got some good ones, lots of grainy ones (forgot the camera was still set to ISO 1600 from stellar photos the night before). But these two baffle me. They have an effect that is reminescent of an 80’s music video. Anybody know what might have caused this?

Glass used was a Nikkor 24mm prime lens, F/2.8.

First one was 1/3 second exposure in arperture priority. Second was 1/5 second exposure in arperture priority. The exif info is still attached if you need any other info. (I quickly altered to full maunal after that and got really good at thumbwheeling my shutter speeds in response to lighting changes)

Here’s a few teasers, shrinkenated for not overloading the thread:

Oh, yeah…. There was a “special guest”

jpatten
    Participant

I love TSO, we saw them ATL… But the arena has a VERY strict no camera policy.. I was 8th Row, but had only my camera phone.

orionid
    Participant

I was 8th Row, but had only my camera phone.

When Steven Tyler came out, I quickly learned how to operate a Nikon D50 entirely one-handed with my left hand, while my right hand was holding my cell phone and recording video.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘80’s Flashbacks?’ is closed to new replies.