A Low Priority Question

Forums Forums News Bibliostats A Low Priority Question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

CiSS how hard would it be to activate the Photoshop tracking features on Bibliostats? I am thinking our old tracking site at http://fpca.misfitsquirrels.com/leaderboard.php is not going to make it back.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I’m not CISS and I may have misunderstood the question, but,..

http://www.bibliostats.com/farktography/contestantreports

Kestrana
    Participant

FB right now Bibliostats tracks the participants for Farktography contests only, ennuipoet is interested to know when the database for Fark photoshop contests might be online.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Gah, my bad. Missed that key word.

ennuipoet
    Participant

FB right now Bibliostats tracks the participants for Farktography contests only, ennuipoet is interested to know when the database for Fark photoshop contests might be online.

Yup, that is what I was asking. It’s not a huge deal, just curious, (but not curious)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Unfortunately, it would take a decent bit of effort, ennui. The biggest hurdles are that the scraper doesn’t actively look for new contests (I manually start it up every Wed night and hand-feed it the theme and description) and it’s only coded to support a single active contest at a time.

I thought I was going to have more free time for a while, but it turned out that the light at the end of the tunnel was the train carrying the next project. There are still features I want to add to the Farktography side of it (individual charts, contestant search, contest theme tags, for examples); I could delay those to try to get something up for the PS’ers, but it would still likely be fall before I can get to anything.

Keep me informed on your needs in that regard; if no one else steps up to the plate for PS contests, I’ll see what I can get started as I get some time.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Unfortunately, it would take a decent bit of effort, ennui. The biggest hurdles are that the scraper doesn’t actively look for new contests (I manually start it up every Wed night and hand-feed it the theme and description) and it’s only coded to support a single active contest at a time.

I thought I was going to have more free time for a while, but it turned out that the light at the end of the tunnel was the train carrying the next project. There are still features I want to add to the Farktography side of it (individual charts, contestant search, contest theme tags, for examples); I could delay those to try to get something up for the PS’ers, but it would still likely be fall before I can get to anything.

Keep me informed on your needs in that regard; if no one else steps up to the plate for PS contests, I’ll see what I can get started as I get some time.

Thank you Sir, will do! I was asking more out of interest than need, if you know what I mean.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘A Low Priority Question’ is closed to new replies.