Add-on flash for Canon A620

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Add-on flash for Canon A620

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

Hi everybody. I have a Canon A620 and I was thinking I’d like to get one of those add-on flashes all the cool kids have.
    There’s a fark party coming up and I’d like to be able to shoot without the annoying harsh light and slowness of the built-in flash. I suppose I could find a use for it elsewhere too…

I was thinking of this: http://www.phoenixcorp.com/Flash/Digital_Flash/digital_flash.html
    just because it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than the one Canon offers and it looks like it has a lto more features.

Sooooo, anyone use something like this?

chakalakasp
    Participant

I’ll be honest with ya — I’m usually not an equipment snob. But Canon flashes really are better than everything else out there that’ll fit a Canon (unles you’re taking about a studio setup or something). In addition, Canon flashes “talk” to Canon bodies in a way that other flashes can’t, because Canon’s electronics system & firmware is OEM.

Dunno if staplermofo would catch my fairly late TF thread comment, but I bought a Digi-Slave 3000 recently. It works very nicely both on and off the camera, plus it works with cameras that pre-flash.

$129 at srelectronics or bhphotovideo

HTH

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Add-on flash for Canon A620’ is closed to new replies.