Alaska Trip 2009

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Alaska Trip 2009

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

Went to Alaska a couple weeks ago on vacation and, of course, took lots of pictures.

I am slowly editing them and adding to the set. Here’s the link if anyone wants to see the whole set!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/millertruby/sets/72157620725738991/

nobigdeal
    Participant

Good stuff!

clouddancer
    Participant

Really, really jealous of you right now. My Dad’s currently there (his sister lives there and some family). He comes back on Saturday. I’ve only been there twice but I absolutely love it and I’d go back in a heart beat. I didn’t really know much about photography then, and all I had was film and a camera I got to borrow from my parents with the display sort of half gone after a drop when they were in New Zealand or Australia. I’ll have to make him show me his pictures when he gets back. LOVE yours too. Brings back fond memories. Gorgeous country there. Absolutely gorgeous.

thepostess
    Participant

Wow!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I just looked through the set and they are really gorgeous! Including the fish, shrimp and octopus shots in the mix was a nice twist too.

soosh
    Participant

awesome shots!

lokisbong
    Participant

Holy crap those are great especially the eagle shots. How far away was that eagle?

millera9
    Participant

Thank you all very much, I’m glad you liked them!

lokisbong I’m not sure exactly, but I would hazard a guess of about 25-30 feet. He/she was the only one that cooperated like that. There were 4 people on the beach at the time and they were aligned in a half-circle so that the birds were trapped between the surf and the photogs. Obviously not a great way to approach wildlife. In any case, this one stuck around for about 10 minutes picking apart the fish carcass it was standing over.

lokisbong
    Participant

Excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Alaska Trip 2009’ is closed to new replies.