Another night in the ruins

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Another night in the ruins

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

U-Man, you would have loved this. Nearly $100 in road flares, industrial-strength sparklers, and other things to set alight.

click here

I did processing on these on a non-profiled monitor at work, and when I got home, I noticed some of them had a lot of noise from pulling the exposure too far. I’ll fix that soon.

gensolo
    Participant

Wow those are really good and neat looking. The ones with the red light coming through the windows and stuff reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Might have to try some ruin pics, idk if id spend 100 dollars on flares and stuff though XD. It does give it some nice spooky feeling effect though. Kepp up the good work.

soosh
    Participant

Eh, it’s only money. Besides, what could be more fun than being out in the creepy woods in the middle of the night around sketchy mining ruins, rusty metal, broken glass, & mine shafts with some combustibles, camera gear, and a few bottles of Duvel?

staplermofo
    Participant

Eh, it’s only money. Besides, what could be more fun than being out in the creepy woods in the middle of the night around sketchy mining ruins, rusty metal, broken glass, & mine shafts with some combustibles, camera gear, and a few bottles of Duvel?

I think I just heard every insurance provider in the world cringe.

soosh
    Participant

Did I mention bears? Because, yeah, bears. Brown & Black bears. 10,000 live in the immediate area.

caradoc
    Participant

I think I just heard every insurance provider in the world cringe.

No, that was clearly the sound of a lot of insurance providers’ rear sphincters puckering, not cringing per se.

A cringe usually has a kind of “oh, crap” sound to it. Like Hellboy.

That was closer to a “schlup” sound, which is the same sound I heard from my own insurance company when I made a left turn in front of a Mercedes.

While I was on my learner’s permit.

With my father in the passenger seat.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Those are badass.

And I would imagine the insurance providers would looooooooooooooooooove an opportunity to do business with soosh. Lots of expensive equipment and some level of risk in losing it in some way? More money for them, eh? 😉

schnee
    Participant

Those are sweet. I want me some ruins to play in

caradoc
    Participant

Lots of expensive equipment and some level of risk in losing it in some way? More money for them, eh? 😉

I want ruins like that to shoot in.

But it’s more expensive to insure people for liability than to cover equipment. Equipment is pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things – buy a replacement, and it’s done.

If someone falls down a stairwell and ends up with spinal damage, the costs just go on forever.

Morningbreath
    Participant

/takes out life insurance policy on Soosh.

caradoc
    Participant

Not planning on turning anyone into a human Slinky, are you?

(We occasionally refer to people as “Slinkies” at work – they’re essentially useless, but moderately entertaining if you push them down a flight of stairs.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Another night in the ruins’ is closed to new replies.