Anyone have any ideas…

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks Anyone have any ideas…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ranger677
    Participant

…on how to do selective colorization using Graphic Converter for the Mac? The only tutorial that I have found is for PS, which I don’t have, or by downloading and eventually buying a new program just for this one application, which I just want to play around with.

Anyone?

linguine
    Participant

Gimp is free and can do a selective colorization by going into hue-saturation under color tools and reducing the saturation of the colors you dont want.(there may be a better way to do this but thats just the way i had figured out how to do it quickly)

Curious
    Participant

Gimp for mac http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/ is there. the Gimp is what all the cool (and cheap) kids are playing with now. there are tons of tutorials for it. Google will find them.

Ranger677
    Participant

Well, by selective colorization, this is the type of thing that I was thinking of:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skylerbug/2103923798/

The thing that I want to try it out on is a pair of eyes of a friends little girl. So keeping just one color just will not do.

linguine
    Participant

So youre trying to just keep the color of one object, not just one color right? The only way that I know of to do that would be to select the object that you want and then reduce the saturation on everything else.

Ranger677
    Participant

Any ideas on how to do that with GC?

corsec67
    Participant

One way: copy the image into 2 layers, make the top layer B+W, and then add a layer mask with the object you want to keep being transparent in the top layer mask, letting the color version show through.

That is exactly what I did here:
    flickr page

millera9
    Participant

Any ideas on how to do that with GC?

Sorry Ranger677 but I don’t think any of us are familiar with that particular program. Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Anyone have any ideas…’ is closed to new replies.