Aperature insight sought

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Aperature insight sought

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    logomancer
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience w/ Aperature? It’s supposed to be fairly revolutionary in improving workflow* but I’m wondering if the first release is as buggy as the number of patches coming out may imply. Looks awesome if it lives up to its billing, though…

*Has anyone noticed just how ugly iPhoto gets when it has a few thousand images in it – it doesn’t scale well at all, just brings the computer (a dual 2gHz G5) to a crawl. Errgh. That’s why I’m drooling over Aperature.

monkeybort
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience w/ Aperature? It’s supposed to be fairly revolutionary in improving workflow* but I’m wondering if the first release is as buggy as the number of patches coming out may imply. Looks awesome if it lives up to its billing, though…

*Has anyone noticed just how ugly iPhoto gets when it has a few thousand images in it – it doesn’t scale well at all, just brings the computer (a dual 2gHz G5) to a crawl. Errgh. That’s why I’m drooling over Aperature.

hey logo!

i believe in the general tech talk thread there is some discussion of aperture – the consensus seemed to be that if some bugs were worked out it would be pretty great, but as of right now…meh.

i haven’t used it though, so put me firmly in the ‘drooling’ crowd for now.

of course, that may have something to do with the turkey in the oven and the pecan pie cooling in the fridge. *grin*

happy holidays!!!!

logomancer
    Participant

of course, that may have something to do with the turkey in the oven and the pecan pie cooling in the fridge. *grin*

happy holidays!!!!

I’ll be right over!

admin
    Keymaster

FYI, an Aperture 1.01 update was released. This supposedly fixes a few of the major issues early adopters had experienced. I’d consult the Ars review and followup for a rundown:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/aperture.ars
    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/apps/aperture-followup.ars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Aperature insight sought’ is closed to new replies.