Behindthe8Ball

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Behindthe8Ball

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

Nice.

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

his outfit is a pocket of priceless, assumes much of the draw to the photo. even with the selective focus/bokeh, my eyes carom straight from the reflection to his hat. a kiss of quirky, comedic surrealism. great idea and result…though the overhead light is almost a hovering alien ship.

jpatten
    Participant

I probably should crop that out.

Curious
    Participant

I probably should crop that out.

if you have CS5 you can use creative fill to get rid of it. with the gimp (and a plugin) you use “heal selection”. IMO you don’t want a square crop on that.

if you find that there are enough instances where you want to remove stuff from a background like you have there and don’t have CS5 the gimp really works well. this tutorial on the resynthesizer will explain what it does. it has both linux and windows downloads. there are other tutorials and that’s not where i downloaded from my copy from but it will give you the idea.

i’m not a big gimp fan (long story) but i do have it and the resynthesizer and really like what i’ve been able to do with it. against, or on, a solid background the results are impressive. quick easy and nice results, what more can you ask for.

jpatten
    Participant

well I have GIMP but not CS5, as GIMP is in my price-range 🙂
    I don’t have theresynthesizer plugin but will check it out.

I may see about getting Lightroom

Curious
    Participant

pool guy fixed by Curious’s photos, on Flickr

hope you don’t mind but i played around with your photo. since the background/wall lighting isn’t uniform the resynthesizer grabbed both the light and dark ares and i had to do some more touch up. this isn’t my finest work but i (was bored) wanted you to see it with the space ship removed 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

That does look a lot better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Behindthe8Ball’ is closed to new replies.