Big Bend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

I’ve been hit or miss in the weekly contest lately so here’s some of what I’ve been up to.

These were all shot in Big Bend National Park last week. For the month of October all I did was work (12 hr night shifts 6x per week), and when I was done we dropped off the face of the earth for a while.

There are other photographs on my site for those interested, they’re dispersed amongst the galleries but sorted in “date taken” order.

Chisos Basin

Ernst Tinaja

Pine Siskin

Velocitus Incalcublii

Gray Hawk

This guy (gal?) was a showboat, I found him in the same place everyday at the same time for a couple of hours. “Yeah, I’m Hawk,.. What of it? You may photograph me now.”

linguine
    Participant

Nice shots, Ive wanted to visit big bend for a while now.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks, don’t go in the summer. I made that mistake once. Just once.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

^ Yep, what linguine said. Been in and through TX many times, but never to that part of it. Looks like a good, relaxing time was had by all.

Also, my thought process on viewing your post again: “Wait a minute, isn’t that a… Oh, ‘Velocitus Incalcublii.’ Ha ha ha! Good one.” 🙂

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks CISS, the nomenclature is not my original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E._Coyote_and_Road_Runner

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Oh, I know. That’s what made it funny!

Barracuda
    Participant

One of the many many places on my list of destinations. Thanks for helping bump it up a couple spots. Great shots!

fluffybunny
    Participant

One of the many many places on my list of destinations. Thanks for helping bump it up a couple spots. Great shots!

Like any National Park, try to set aside a good bit of time for it if you can. I’ve been three times for > 1 week each and it never fails to inspire awe and reveal more to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Big Bend’ is closed to new replies.