Blurred vision

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Blurred vision

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dauber
    Participant

Question for you experienced photographers: I recently took a day trip to the national mall to play around with my new camera (Rebel XTi). I spent about 3 hours walking around the monuments and took about 200 pictures. After I put my camera away I noticed that my vision was a little blurry. My right eye was fine, but I was having trouble focusing with my left eye. Is this normal after looking though the viewfinder for hours? Is there a way to avoid this from happening again? Or do I need an appointment with an eye doctor?

RcMacStudent
    Participant

I don’t know if it’s “normal” but I experience the same thing. But then again I have really bad eyesight (without glasses) so it may be an issue with my eyes.

swampa
    Participant

Two things.

The first, there is a little dial at the top right corner* of the eye piece that adjusts the focus, make sure you have that set right for your eye sight (that everything looks crystal clear when you look through the view finder).

The second is that yes, this is normal after looking through a view finder for hours. The brain is not used to having two different images coming through at once and does its best to correct the problem hence your vision goes a bit wonky for a while. You shouldn’t need to see an eye doctor unless it continues for a day or so.

* I’m sure it is there but I haven’t played with the Rebel for a while!

dauber
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I assumed it was just mild eye stain since it only lasted about 20 min. But thought I sould seek advice from someone more expirenced.

Thanks Again!

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant
    swampa wrote:
    Two things.

The first, there is a little dial at the top right corner* of the eye piece that adjusts the focus, make sure you have that set right for your eye sight (that everything looks crystal clear when you look through the view finder)./quote]

I can’t say that I have a lot of experience with veiwfinders, but I’ve looked through a few scopes. When you adjust the focus, make sure it’s in focus as soon as you look through it. Your eye will tend to adjust to it if it’s just slightly out of focus, so you’ll want to check that it’s sharp the instant you look through it.

schnee
    Participant

I can’t say that I have a lot of experience with veiwfinders, but I’ve looked through a few scopes. When you adjust the focus, make sure it’s in focus as soon as you look through it. Your eye will tend to adjust to it if it’s just slightly out of focus, so you’ll want to check that it’s sharp the instant you look through it.

That’s good advice right there.

What scopes do you have? I have a “lowly” Televue Pronto, which is quite pleasing and, with a T-adapter, makes for a decent 480mm telephoto lens.

/sorry for the treadjack
    //welcome aboard NoticeablyF.A.T.

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

Scopes as in rifle scopes. I’ve been an avid shooter of guns much longer than a shooter of cameras. Similar concepts when it comes to optics.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Blurred vision’ is closed to new replies.