Bokeh/light vignetting – setting up the lights?

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Bokeh/light vignetting – setting up the lights?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    victori78
    Participant

So I’m planning an attempt at a bokeh image tonight, with some of those cool shaped/vignetted lights that come from having a shaped aperture…kinda like the examples here.

Anyone have suggestions on how to set up the “many small lights” in the background for this? I have some ideas, but I’m curious to see how you’d all handle it.

orionid
    Participant

I haven’t played around with this much myself, but I’d say Christmas lights or a box of tea candles would be easy enough. You might also try shooting outside with distant city lights in the background.

victori78
    Participant

Ooh, tealights – hadn’t thought of that, although I have a whole box I could try out. I’m out in the suburbs, so the city lights might not work….but the lake path does have lamps. That might even give me something neat with the reflections off the water too! Awesome idea 🙂

I have these little magnet LEDs that I could play with as well…could be fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Bokeh/light vignetting – setting up the lights?’ is closed to new replies.