camera case for a D90

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk camera case for a D90

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    meowsertd
    Participant

what do you recommned I was thinking something from Crumpler but not sure what one

thanks in advance

sleeping
    Participant

I don’t especially like my Crumpler (7 million dollar home). It’s built really well, but it’s too heavily padded for my preference as a shooting bag (the padding occupies an awful lot of space and it’s pretty heavy without anything in it) and on the other hand it’s not solid enough that I’d want to use it for anything seriously rough. Also, while the main pocket is plenty big enough it doesn’t have enough room for smaller accessories.

I liked my Domke F6 much better, but I’ve outgrown it. I probably should have bought a bigger one instead of the Crumpler….

orionid
    Participant

I use a targus laptop backpack, but then, I’m usually carrying two or three cameras (D90, N65, and cheapo underwater), a laptop, and a whole kaboodle of lenses.

swampa
    Participant

meowsertd – how many lenses and accessories do you have? Are you planning to get more soon? Do you need to transport a tripod too?

I have a Crumpler 4 million dollar home – it is good for small cameras like the Canon 350d, a couple of extra lenses (as long as the lenses aren’t beasts like a 70-200mm f2.8 ) and some small accessories like memory cards, batteries and cables. You have to be careful getting lenses out though as I have accidentally dropped one when removing the other lens.

I also have the Lowepro Trekker AW (I think, it is something like that!). It is a beast of a bag. I can get a large camera, a heap of lenses, two flashes, a battery pack and a lot of smaller accessories in that case and a tripod outside (several inflamed discs and a slight hunch too! :P) The version I have has the disadvantage of having to remove the tripod before getting into the backpack but they look like they have fixed that since. It is also slow to get into as you have to take it off to access it but it is more comfortable on long trips (I find the strap on the Crumpler cuts in after a while)

A friend recommends the Orion AW from Lowepro. Very comfortable and light. It can be used as a backpack or you can remove the top section and then it becomes a sling style pack.

Ok, enough from me!

lokisbong
    Participant

I have an older Lowepro combo thing. Bottom is a camera bag, normal backpack space on top. I got it used from a friend. I love it. It even has room for another lens or two. It is kind of slow to get out your camera but its comfortable on the shoulders.

meowsertd
    Participant

Im only worried about the D90 starter kit and maybe one or two future lenses, being able to quickly acess for a sundden oh that is a good picture moment is a huge plus

thanks for your information 🙂

3Horn
    Participant

Do you have a preference for bag type? Shoulder bags are smaller than backpacks, but after a few hours of walking around with one, your neck and shoulder may hate you. The sling bags are a nice compromise, and because I still love my Kata R-103, I’ll toss in a recommendation for their 3-n-1 bags:

advisorgee
    Participant

I’ll second 3Horn’s Kata bag recommendation. I had the 3n1-30 but found it too big for my liking. I replaced it with a 20 and I love it.

meowsertd
    Participant

Do you have a preference for bag type? Shoulder bags are smaller than backpacks, but after a few hours of walking around with one, your neck and shoulder may hate you. The sling bags are a nice compromise, and because I still love my Kata R-103, I’ll toss in a recommendation for their 3-n-1 bags:

http://www.amazon.com/Kata-KT-D-3N1-20-Sling-Backpack/dp/B001BP7YFM

In the past I always had a sling type see profile picture on fark, I was thinking a messenger type bag would be nice. really when it comes down to it I want something that is reccomended for the model camera I have in terms of access…safty/protection and durablity.

if it looks military style all the better cause well Im proud to be a Vet 🙂

sleeping
    Participant

If you want something kind of military looking, maybe check out Naneu Pro – I have a small one (Lima model in olive) I use for my Leica and it seems pretty good

http://www.naneupro.com

SoCalChris
    Participant

I’ve got a lowepro slingshot 200AW. It holds my gripped D80, 50mm, 18-55mm, 50-200mm, 70-300mm, 105mm, lens baby 2.0, SB-800, charger and two extra batteries quite well, and the pack itself is not huge, especially considering all that it can hold. The main downside is that there is no place to attach a tripod, although I might be able to with their sliplock system. I like how easy it is to access the camera, and the safety snaps that keep the top from opening all the way accidentally are nice too.

I bought it at Costco last Christmas for around $55, and couldn’t be happier with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘camera case for a D90’ is closed to new replies.