Canon battery

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Canon battery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I had a couple BP 511’s for my 20D but they were getting old and wouldn’t hold a charge. After looking online, I decided to get the knock off 2000 mAh from SterlingTek. At 12 bucks the risk was low (compared to $70ish for the Canon). I’ve only been shooting with it for about two weeks, but so far I’m happy. It has held up nicely during several sub-zero shoots.

Maybe it’s just ’cause I’m comparing it to those old crappy batteries.

soosh
    Participant

I bought some no-name replacements off of ebay to replace my old ones and they’re great. I bought a total of 8 new batteries this fall so that I wouldn’t run into problems with low batteries in night shots this winter.

I’ve also bought Chinese remote release cables for $12 rather than Canon’s $40 from ebay, and I’ve heard good things about 3rd party battery grips in the $60 range. I think the next thing I’m going to buy is a Chinese timer remote cable for $50 or so as opposed to $130 from Canon.

prair
    Participant

i bought a no name remote cable, 12-foot (next one probably would be a little longer) and it works fine. nice focusing on all the shots i took with auto focus. i think with shipping it cost me $20 or so off ebay.

Snug Tight
    Participant

Thanks for the link and info U-Man. I got 2 BP-511 2000mAh for $23.98. One is $39.00 at Best Buy. I got my Rebel over 3 years ago, so the original batt is just about dead. I got an offbrand about 2 years ago.

Ha, while I was typing this, my wife came back from the post office with the batteries. That was fast. I ordered them on Feb 4th.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm I’ve been thinking about getting some cheap batteries, and as much as I’d like to have a remote, I don’t want to pay Canon price for it, so it’s good to know that those off-brand versions work just fine. Thanks for the tips, guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Canon battery’ is closed to new replies.