Carried away?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Carried away?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Friday night we head out to our favorite watering hole to hear our favorite band. We get there at about 10:30 and catch the middle of the third set. I have my camera with me (as always, Panasonic Lumix not the DSLR). I shot a couple pics before the band took a break at 11:45 and hit the bar for a few beers in between sets. They came back on a little after midnight and I take up a position on the left of the stage near the speakers.

The band was loud and the crowd was thick, and I was really getting into it, banging my head and snapping away the whole time.

Saturday morning I get up with ringing ears and a bit of a hangover and look at my camera thinking I took about 200 snaps. Wrong. I took 966 shots in about 45 minutes and 3 videos that are over 3 minutes each.

My wife thinks I have completely lost my mind and cannot understand how I shot a thousand pictures in less than an hour.
    I went through them Sat night and managed to weed out about 700 unusable shots. I have 300 or so ones that I have been processing out.

I have 70 loaded onto flickr right now and will probably get a few more before I am done.

So I think that’s pretty good. 900 snaps in a crazy pit yields maybe 100 good shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21629306@N00/sets/72157617090438696/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t forget that you were drunk, so that’s definitely a good keeper ratio for drunktography 😉 Cool stuff, too!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Count me among the impressed. I just shot a wedding and didn’t have that many shots. An excellent night’s work, and a presumably great show.

drunktography

Hmmm… sounds like a theme suggestion to me. 😉

nobigdeal
    Participant

Don’t forget that you were drunk, so that’s definitely a good keeper ratio for drunktography 😉 Cool stuff, too!

I really wasn’t too drunk, but shooting in a mosh pit with a p&s, in constantly changing light conditions is very challenging.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Carried away?’ is closed to new replies.