Cell Phone Camera

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Cell Phone Camera

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I have a Droid. Today, I had daughter #1 take my pic with my niece. We were buzzing along in a boat (1st time for niece Maggie and I wanted to send a pic to her folks) and the ride was bumpy.

The photo has a crazy bend to it without any real blur. What’s up?

*note – I didn’t even google this. I just wanted to share, really.* 🙂

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farkphotoshop/2010-07-10-18.08.54.jpg

sleeping
    Participant

The photo has a crazy bend to it without any real blur. What’s up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_shutter

lokisbong
    Participant

My first digital camera did this too. Its the bent bladed helicopter picture from the curves contest. never got it to bend a whole picture like that though. sleepings wiki link says it all in better tech like talk than I can.

orionid
    Participant

I thought I recognized the effect when I looked at it last night, but couldn’t put my finger on it. Sleeping‘s wiki jogged my memory. I read a book with lots of how-to’s for making pinhole camera effects like that. There’s all kinds of neat things you can do with shutter and aperture manipulation, and that looks similar to the effects that can be made from curved dual-slit pinholes and rotary slit panoramic pinholes.

ravnostic
    Participant

Neat stuff like U-Man‘s pic and orionid‘s links are things I’m interesting in exploring. Thanks for the pic, U; that’s pretty cool and I’d think with some creativity I could do something along that line w/o buying a Droid.

U-Man
    Participant

See. I knew you guys would understand (and appreciate) this. Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool. Reminds me of some of the effects that guy got using scanners as cameras. And I think the mechanics are similar.

lokisbong
    Participant

Cool. Reminds me of some of the effects that guy got using scanners as cameras. And I think the mechanics are similar.

From what I originally learned when I took the helicopter picture it is almost exactly the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Cell Phone Camera’ is closed to new replies.