Cnet rates the canon 60D against the nikon D7000

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Cnet rates the canon 60D against the nikon D7000

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20031259-1.htm

and the winner is ……………

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, their opinion, man. Dang Nikon-liberal media always skewing things… 😉

orionid
    Participant

I would have guessed the 60D based on my opinion that the 7000 lacks all the manual options.

ravnostic
    Participant

They also didn’t mention the Canon’s performance in the astrophotography arena, for which it’s my understanding it’s better equiped (per a pop pho mag lying around somewhere)

sleeping
    Participant

I would have guessed the 60D based on my opinion that the 7000 lacks all the manual options.

What’s missing? As far as I can see, they’ve added proper support for MF lenses (for the first time on a non-pro Nikon DSLR) and haven’t taken away anything from previous top-end consumer models.

orionid
    Participant

What’s missing? As far as I can see, they’ve added proper support for MF lenses (for the first time on a non-pro Nikon DSLR) and haven’t taken away anything from previous top-end consumer models.

That’s what I get for not re-reading what I had read before. I was thinking of the 5000. Yeah, the 7000 is pretty sweet.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I must admit upon handling one of these, I experienced a strong desire to own a Nikon.

sleeping
    Participant

I must admit upon handling one of these, I experienced a strong desire to own a Nikon.

Good…. Take your credit card! Strike down your L glass and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

caradoc
    Participant

I’ve been shooting with one for about a week now.

It beats the pants off my poor old D80. I’ve fixed my lightning trigger to function with the D7000… this summer should prove very, very interesting.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve been shooting with one for about a week now.

It beats the pants off my poor old D80. I’ve fixed my lightning trigger to function with the D7000… this summer should prove very, very interesting.

This summer, I simply must find the time to meet up with you. Might I suggest a trip toward Tucson? Near Plamadude?

caradoc
    Participant

This summer, I simply must find the time to meet up with you. Might I suggest a trip toward Tucson? Near Plamadude?

It’s doable – with coordination.

I’ve ended up down near Oracle more than once in the past two years as the weather tracks keep shifting further away from the Phoenix area.

However… I may not be able to go that far this summer as we’re due in May.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

It’s doable – with coordination.

I’ve ended up down near Oracle more than once in the past two years as the weather tracks keep shifting further away from the Phoenix area.

However… I may not be able to go that far this summer as we’re due in May.

I’d be okay with driving up to phoenix to meet you guys this summer. I’ve got a friend up there I can stay with overnight if need be.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Cnet rates the canon 60D against the nikon D7000’ is closed to new replies.