Coming Soon to a Photoshop near you!!

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Coming Soon to a Photoshop near you!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

The solution for overcaffeinated photographers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxjiQoTp864&feature=player_embedded

ravnostic
    Participant

Wow. Never take–err, post process–a blurry photo again. Very cool. Where to next?

ennuipoet
    Participant

Pretty soon we won’t even need photographers.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I don’t know about that entirely, ennui. I think it’ll just allow the photogs who are artists to concentrate more on the art and less on the technical side. A photo can be perfectly lit and focused and still be just a snapshot if it doesn’t convey any emotion or tell a story (I should know, I take a lot of snapshots :)).

ennuipoet
    Participant

I don’t know about that entirely, ennui. I think it’ll just allow the photogs who are artists to concentrate more on the art and less on the technical side. A photo can be perfectly lit and focused and still be just a snapshot if it doesn’t convey any emotion or tell a story (I should know, I take a lot of snapshots :)).

It was more snark than genuine feelings. I would use this feature, I have problems with camera shake and it would nice to recover a few shots that were good except that litttttlllleeee ghosting from camera shake.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have Topaz In Focus which is a similar product. It works good for very slightly soft photos due to camera shake. However if you are shooting at higher ISO you get unacceptable grain very quickly before you clear up the shot. I wonder how it would work on a shot at a wide aperture, f1.2 – 2.8 where you miss focus a bit. My guess is it wouldn’t help at all.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I have Topaz In Focus which is a similar product. It works good for very slightly soft photos due to camera shake. However if you are shooting at higher ISO you get unacceptable grain very quickly before you clear up the shot. I wonder how it would work on a shot at a wide aperture, f1.2 – 2.8 where you miss focus a bit. My guess is it wouldn’t help at all.

I tend to run into the problem on my 70-200L which a beast of a lens (but that’s ok!) and forces me to choose between high ISO noise or a little bit of shake. So, do I get noise in camera, noise in software or a little loss of crispness when you zoom in? 99.9% I’ll take the shake. I would be curious to see, I think I will see if there is a trial of the Topaz.

Farktographer
    Participant

This would help oh-so-much with my more alcohol-induced photography.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Coming Soon to a Photoshop near you!!’ is closed to new replies.