Computer recommendations needed

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Computer recommendations needed

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I had some friends who ran a computer store when I was living on the coast and they charged around 45 buck an hour no matter what they were doing. I got a wee bit of a discount but not much.Of course the next closest store was almost 100 miles away so I think they could get away with high prices. I also prefer the build it yourself option because everyone I know who has bought a dell or hp or any of the major name brands has had bad luck with them. My computer is on the third motherboard in the same almost 10 year old box but next time I gotta fix that because the usb ports on the front are shorting out and causing the damn thing to spontaneously reboot if any thing is plugged into them.

ravnostic
    Participant

I believe you mentioned you were going desktop, but I will say my Acer laptop, 4.5 years old, still works like a champ (once I cleaned up the Silverlight crap). Boots in 30 seconds to login, 20 seconds later I’m on the web. I upgraded from 2 to 4gb ram a bit over a year ago, but elsewise everything’s still *spiffy*. I do perform maintenance every 4 months (cleaning fans, getting the fine dust out, etc) and I’m rigorously proactive regarding malware and such (though I don’t run a virus program–I work with ZoneAlarmPro and it’s been just fine in security without slowing resources.) I’ve considered upgrading, but hey–if it ain’t broke and keeps up with the software I use–why fix it?

chupathingie
    Participant

Monitor – 36″ LG flat panel

/drool

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Computer recommendations needed’ is closed to new replies.