D50 Vs. D70s

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware D50 Vs. D70s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I am currently using a Nikon N90s film camera but I am thinking about moving to a digital camera. I’m currently looking at the D50 and D70s. Has anyone used these cameras? I’m not sure if it is worth it or not to spend the extra money to get the D70s over the D50.

Thanks in advance!

Born Slippy
    Participant

Lazyshutter, I don’t know if you’ve checked any online reviews but Thom Hogan reviewed the D50 and spent a lot of time comparing it to the D70.

http://www.bythom.com/D50REVIEW.htm

I do know that if you’re using older flash units, they won’t operate in TTL mode on the D50, something to consider in the total price, I suppose.

Anonymous
    Participant

I just bought the D50 so I’ll let you know how it goes. Btw, I spent a lot of time looking for the best deal, and finally ended up buying the body only at focuscamera for 517 including s/h. That’s about 50-100 less than other prices I could find, and there were no problems.

thegunslinger1
    Participant

Over this past summer I purchased a used D70 off ebay. All I have to say is that I do not know how I went without this camera for so long! I was using a Nikon n80 for film which I liked quite a bit. I was also using a Nikon Coolpix 995 for digital, loved this on also. I went into a local camera store and started asking all kinds of questions about the D50, I thought that was the way I was going to go. My major concern was “Will my film lenses work?” the guy not only told me they would but pulled a lens of an N80 and threw it on the D50, I love Nikon! Every works great and I have taken some of my best photos since I picked up the D70. If you can find a deal I say go with the D70

landseer18
    Participant

I’ve been using my D100 and D70 for a number of years, and most recently a D200. All have served my needs very well and in almost all cases I provide the majority of limitations relative to my images. The D70 has plenty of resolution for decent sized enlargements and is a joy to operate. If you can get one for a good price I wouldn’t hesitate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘D50 Vs. D70s’ is closed to new replies.